Chapter 48

If you read this story please take a second to vote on the chapters you like, it would mean a lot! And thank you to everyone that does! xx

~

Before I knew it he had lifted me up, one hand on my waist, the other below my leg as I wrapped my legs and arms around him. As we kissed I tightened my grip on his shirt, pulling him closer.

After a few seconds I broke away from him, trying to catch my breath. He gently relaxed his hold on me and I touched my feet on the ground again.

"I was looking for you." I managed to say. I felt hot, almost feverish.

He grinned. "As was I. I went up the bleachers. Caused a bit of a commotion."

"Oh God. We were never good at coordinating."

"I think we did pretty great this time." He beamed, closing his hands around me and bringing me closer. "So...?"

"Yeah." I cut him right away. I reached up and touched my lips to his, gently and slowly this time.

"ABOUT FUCKING TIME!" David said emerging from the locker room.

We let go of each other quickly as everyone started coming out.

"We have to go." Thiago said.

"Good luck!" I told everyone awkwardly.

He smiled at me before they started heading out again.

"Your coaching clothes are in the locker room." David told me. "I figured you might want to stay down here." He winked at me.

"Thank you." I mouthed.

I went inside the now empty locker room, my heart still beating like crazy. I couldn't believe this just happened. Maybe good things happen only when you stop stressing and obsessing about them!

I took off my yellow jersey and put on the white shirt and blue jacket of the coaching staff. I run back out to the Brazilian bench. The game had already started again.

"Olivia what are you doing here?" Coach Coto asked me when I sat on the bench between him and Bernard.

"I wanted to be here for the match." I said and he nodded.

"Why are you so out of breath?" Bernard asked me.

"I'm fine." I said, giving him a look that meant 'stop talking about it'. Thankfully he realized. I focused my attention back to the game and Neymar.

 Almost 25 minutes later Fred got bought down in the box from behind by Lovren and was awarded a penalty.

Suddenly everyone on the bench stood up. The referee set the ball and Neymar got ready for the kick. I looked at him on the big screen. His face was serious, contemplating the execution. The referee blew the whistle and Neymar took one, two steps and then stopped, like he always did. The goalkeeper wasn't fooled and he dove to his right. But the kick was strong, way too strong to be blocked and the ball landed in the net. Immediately everyone erupted in screams of joy. I felt my legs almost give out as I saw Neymar pointing towards the sky before everyone fell on top of him, celebrating.

When he emerged from the pile he ran towards the bench and Scolari hugged him ecstatically.

I sat back down as the game started again, feeling elated. At the 88 minute Scolari took Neymar out. He came to the bench and sat a few seats away from me. Almost 3 minutes later, during the extra time Oscar sealed the deal with another goal.

I couldn't help but feel bad about Croatia who played a very good game and had a few chances taken away from them quite unfairly. But I pushed that out of my mind as the referee blew the whistle and the crowd went mental. The players ran towards them celebrating and hugging each other and everyone on the bench, including me, ran towards them. I found Neymar amidst the others and gave him a quick hug. I let go quickly and found Oscar.