Chapter 24

"What is it?" He asked expectantly.

"Jorge's stairs." I said, showing him.

"Stairs again? And you know what it is?" He asked me.

I nodded. "It's the Escadaria Selarón." I said.

His face lit up. "You sure?"

"Positive. Chilean artist Jorge Selarón built it. It has to be right?"

He nodded.

We drove with the windows down and the breeze made me a little cold, since I was wet all over but I liked it. Neymar didn't speak at all and neither did I, but the silence was comfortable. My clothes had already started to dry.

I sneezed.

"That was the loudest sneeze I have ever heard!" He exclaimed.

"It runs in the family." I said.

He made a mocking face.

When we reached the place we run out of the car, our clothes dripping. We must have made an odd spectacle but I hoped it was only because we were wet and not because people recognized him. I am guessing Neymar running around Rio in wet clothes would make the news.

When we reached the staircase I stopped. "It looks so beautiful!" I said, looking at it. "You've been here before?"

He nodded affirmatively. "It finished a year ago I think." He said. "Liv I think we're gonna have to climb it." He gave me an uneasy look.

"I've got this." I said looking at him reassuringly.

"Alright." He put his arm around me again to help me. I leaned on him, trying to step on my hurt ankle as little as possible.

"The workout you wanted." I commented panting.

"No this is the one I was talking about." He said and with one swift move he turned me around and lifted me up.

"Neymar!" I exclaimed in surprise locking my hands around his neck and leaning on his back. He locked his arms around my legs to stabilize me and continued climbing the stairs.

"Now that's a good workout. If we go play some ball too it would be like a complete practice." He said.

"I hope you don't lose your balance. I mean we will only fall for about a hundred steps. No biggie."

He laughed as he continued climbing.  After a while he slowed down and I realized he was getting tired. I offered to climb down but he wouldn't have it.

When we made it to the top he let me down in front of a bench and then sat next to me exhausted. He was sweating and his cheeks were flushed, but it only made him look so much cuter.

I walked across the staircase and found the clue. When I read it I chuckled. "I'm gonna kill David! Seriously!"

"What does it say?" He asked me.

"Final clue. Go to Copacabana."

"That's not even a clue! We climbed 250 steps for that? I am going to help you kill him." He said.

"Let's rest for a few minutes." I said. I spotted a guy street vendor selling cold water and bought us two bottles. Neymar drank his in a gulp.

"Let's go." He said.

I was about to say we take a few more minutes but he stood up. He started walking towards me. "No. No way." I said when he tried to get me to climb on his back again. "Climbing down is much easier." I said. He was ready to refuse but in the end he nodded.