• 8 •

Tom's P.O.V

I smile as I stare at Auntie Rosy and Tord arguing. Come to think of it... I don't even know why. They just suddenly did....

I shrug a little before I heard my phone rang. I reached down in my pocket then realized... It's empty.

I started panicking, using my ears to track where the ringing came from. I know it's my phone since the ringtone is Zion's morning voice saying 'Hey, Check me out.', I started to blush while still looking for my phone.

Did I accidentally dropped it somewhere? Maybe I left it in Tord's van!

But wait! If it's in the Van... The ringtone wouldn't have gotten here...

"'How are you doing, Boss?'"

My eyes widened as I slowly turn around, meeting with Tord's annoyed face..??...

He was holding my phone up in the air as he read, "'Call me if you have time.', Seriously? I didn't think you'd settle for a guy like this Thomas."

"THAT'S MR. RODGE FOR YOU!!" I corrected as I quickly snatched my phone back. Then I read Zion's messages, a small smile appeared on my lips before I turned to glare at Tord.

"Do you mind?!" I yelled, he didn't react, he was still wearing a bored expression. Auntie Rosy was behind him, slowly stepping away from us.

I sighed, I should act my age and be mature. Especially around 'kids'.

"nevermind." I said before sliding my phone back into my pocket. I'll just message him later.

"Aww, Thomas backing out?" Tord teased,

"No, I'm just acting my age and being mature. In times like this there has to be the adult one.  I'm doing this for you. I'm older than you, Kid. So show some respect." I retorted as I turn to look at his offended face.

I smirked at him then my phone rang again, I took it out of my pocket and turned it on. It was from Zion, it made me smile.

"Are you really gonna settle for that type of guy?" He asked sarcastically, I turned to glare at him.

"Honestly speaking. This type of guy is what I truly wanted to be with. Caring and Honest." I retorted, turning back to my phone with a smug look on my face.

I was waiting for his comeback but nothing came. A bit curious from his sudden silence, I turned to look at him.

It was a big mistake.

He was looking down at me with an unreadable expression... He was just staring.

I couldn't do anything but stare back, his gaze held my eyes captivated. He looked so dead inside. Why exactly?

"Business..." he started to mumble...

"what?"

He turned away from me, "You should just get to your work now. We'll work on our business later." he finished before walking away from me, his voice so stirn and hard. Almost like it was just forced to be said.

I only look at him while he was walking away..

What the fuck is with you?

"Thomas, dear." I heard Aunt Luce call out. I shake my head, getting out of my trance and turned to her with a forced smile on my face.

"Yes?"

From the look on her face, she isn't satisfied.

"You hurt that young lad. You should apologize." she ordered, I blinked in surprise.

I turned to Auntie Rosy, seeing her just standing there. Arms crossed. A disappointed look on her face.

"What?? But I didn't do anything! He started it!" I defended,

"and here I thought you're going to be the adult here. Didn't you see the pained look on that young man's face?" Aunt Luce said while rolling her eyes.

"What?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I glanced at Tord who never said a word since earlier.

"and here I thought you're going to be the adult here. Didn't you see the pained look on that young man's face?" Aunt Luce said while rolling her eyes.

"What?"

"I don't know what happened between the two of you but I think you should apologize to the poor lad."

I stole a glance from Tord again. He wasn't this quiet. Maybe what Aunt Luce said was right...

But why were you showing that pained look on your face earlier? 

"You've been awfully quiet?" I started, I got no respond. I just turned away from him nd forced my eyes on the road...

We are now headed to the Bar. Where my actual work is.

Earlier after our little argument, I just went ahead and did the chores around the Rooms. But my mind kept going back to Tord.

Was he really that hurt of what I said?

"Yes."

I jumped in surprise, turning to Tord with adrenaline rushing up to the sky.

"w-what?" I asked, trying to hide the frightened tone in my voice.

His eyes were softening, "Yes, I was hurt." he admitted, my mouth flew open.

"Close your mouth before I shut it with mine." he cooed, I closed my mouth instantly as I averted my attention to the road.

"You can read minds now?" I asked jokingly as I chuckle. Eyes still on the road.

Tord chuckled, "Judging from you ocationally looking at me while fidgeting already gave away what's on your mind." he said with a very proud voice.

"You still cared for me~" he cooed,

"Whatever." I just said, unable to think of a perfect comeback.

Soon silence swallowed us up again, Tord stopped the car when the traffic light turned red.

"You wanted to settle down with guys who are honest right?" he suddenly asked,

"What--"

"Because honestly speaking, I wanted to break that phone of yours the second I heard that fucking ringtone of yours." he admitted, which made me almost choke.

"w-what?!" I asked, still coughing.

He gave away a smile while his eyes were still fixed on the road. Then the traffic light turned green, He started to drive again.

"Nothing, Let's get your work before you're late."

"Wait-- What do you mean by--"

"Oh! What a timing! We're already here~" he interrupted. I looked out to the car window, we are already outside of my work place.

I looked over at Tord, he was wearing a smirk which made me very suspicious of him. He then quickly parked the car, got out of it, leaving me inside feeling confused.

Still out of the world, I suddenly heard his voice,  "You said you're the adult here right? Well you should start walking around while you still can before you grow old fast, Grandpa." Tord teased, walking in the bar with a smug look on his face.

I felt absolutely roasted.

"YOU FUCKING--"