• 32 •

No One's P.O.V

Tom was startled when he heard knocking on his door. It was nearly 6 am and he hasn't gotten any sleep yet.

"Who the hell is it at this hour again?!" Tom hissed under his breath as he sat up from his bed and looked out at the sky outisde the window that was covered with blue translucent curtains.

He then heard knocking again. More loudly this time. Tom thought to himself for a moment before finally deciding who the person was...

"It's Eduardo again." he said to himself. He felt something boiling inside of him when he thought about Eduardo looking at him with begging eyes while standing in front of his door once again.

"Fuck him." Tom hissed before lying back down to his bed and pulling the blanket over his upper body.

The knocking got even louder and it was annoying Tom even more... but he just decided to ignore it. He continued staring at his swaying curtains.

A moment passed, the knocking stopped.

"He must've finally left." Tom said in relief. He closed his eyes and forced it shut. Soon he felt like his eyes were getting itchy. So he gently rubbed his eyes as he let out a tired groan.

Tom was brought to a pause when he felt the wind blow through the window.

"It's certainly... A "not so bad weather day" today..." Tom commented. Suddenly a face of Zion flashed through his mind. He was quickly reminded of the time where he and the Filipino met.

He felt his chest ache again. Tom slowly lifted his right hand and stared at his ring finger.

He gently rubbed it against his middle and pinky finger while his face turned pained.

"I wonder where that ring went...." Tom mumbled to himself. He let out a broken chuckle as he shifted to lay straight and cover his eyes with his arm.

"Why am I still affected about that stupid ring..?"

Tom was once again reminded of Zion's sweet and caring nature. The memories he had with Zion.

And even his proposal.

He could still feel his insides getting a guilty feeling just by thinking about it. Tom forced himself to just forget about the ring for he wanted to move on with his life and forget about "that cannibal".

"What are the chances that he was gonna meet him again anyway?"

But it affected him so much that it lead him to stay up late at night or mess up his waking schedule, either crying or trashing his own place while looking for his engagement ring even though he was aware that he lost the ring at Tord's house.

Tord was the one who noticed Tom's situation just from a glance. That's why Tord choose to stay by Tom's side even though it wasn't his business. He just couldn't stop from butting in since he was longing for Tom's real smile.

4 weeks had already passed since the "family date" he had with Tord's family.

Since then he and the Norwegian got closer.

Tom was still working part time in the Home for the Aged. Tord was the one driving him there and picking him up. Sometimes he even offered to help the elderly to which made Tom think twice of how he actually felt about the Norwegian.

Tom can't say that he fully trusts Tord again. But now he can say that he feels less unforgiving towards him. He even admitted to himself... Tord HAS changed a lot.