• 18 •

Tom's P.O.V

"Eduardo? Can your phone reach Zi? He's not answering any of my calls." I say as I walk over to where Eduardo was sipping some afternoon tea.

While walking closer I realised that he was wearing a grumpy face.

I am now standing on his porch while he was sitting on a long chair. A small kettle filled with tea on the table in front of him and his right arm hanging up, showing off his obviously flushed red, hairless armpit.

Now I get why he was screaming at me on the phone earlier. I finally confirmed before giggling under my breath.

Apparently his right armpit was still numb because Matt surprised him earlier while he was waxing. He was not satisfied at all. And I am here trying to hold in my laughter.

He scoffs, "No. Why? Lover boy's worried?" He teases as he looks at me with a sly smirk on.

I somehow got a little ticked off so I poked his exposed armpit a bit hard.

"YAO!!" He shouted as he jolted up, shaking the table and knocking off the cup he was holding . He then turn to me in defense. He looks at me with a betrayed expression.

I smirk while giving him a shrug, "Sorry, I was too worried. I needed to get my stress off by poking things. You know~?" I spat back with a smile on my face.

He glares daggers at me and pointed out to me, "Liar. I've known you since we were kids so don't even try lying." he spat with fire which made me chuckle.

He took a deep breath as he reached for his cup again. Not even minding the spilled tea across his table and just poured tea in the cup.

He slowly settled the kettle down on the table, "I don't know... You know I don't usually call him since he's been busy. And If he had free time. I still won't." Eduardo replied which made my smile turn into a frown.

Just where is he? I've been trying to contact him since I got out of my part time job.

Suddenly it reminded me of something...

"Wait.. Why are you here?" I asked as Eduardo took a small sip on his tea before turning to me.

"Matt went on to his date with that.. Green dumpling and won't go to work today." he replied, making a pouty face. It made me giggle a bit knowing how much he hates it when Matt and I act childlike.

When he himself doesn't know he does the same thing.

"You lonely without Me and Matt?" I tease, poking his cheek. He pouted even more, "Hate to admit it but.. yeah."

I chuckle, "You can still go to work you know? You still get along with at least some of the other staff." I say, looking at him with a hint of pity in my eyes.

I know exactly why Eduardo doesn't like being away from his best friends.

He is scared.

He clicked his tongue again, "Wearing those long sleeves? My armpit feel like hell." He replied making me almost fall to the ground and laugh but I held it in. Almost forgot about his waxed armpit.

I swear to Jehovah I'd be laughing so mad right now... But I should act professional. Like what that kid said.

I took a deep breath and look at him, "But.. Zion? Do you have any idea where he is? I've been trying to contact him since--"

"How was the date with the loser and his sister?" He cut off, shaking me off from my thoughts. He then stared at me, probably waiting for the answer.

I look up a bit, trying to remember what actually happened.

"It did not go as planned." I sigh in defeat while looking at the floor. After some moment I heard Eduardo click his tongue, "Yep, called it." he said bluntly, bringing up the cup to his mouth and sipping some tea.

"Tafira brought her patient on the date which turns out to be Auntie Rosy--"

Eduardo suddenly spat out the tea in his mouth, he quickly settled down the cup on the table as he turned to me.

"She's sick?!" he asked, eyes widened as his mouth flew open. Waiting for me to answer.

I nodded slowly, "Unfortunately.. Yeah. She has this heart disease.. Which she refuses to  open to me about..." I reply.

Eduardo suddenly pulled me over to his side, making me sit on the chair.

"Woah, that startled me Ed--"

"So what happened? Are you gonna stop pretending now?" he asked.

I shook my head, "No, No, I'm the one who insisted on helping him with the dinner date." I lied, when really. Tord had to kidnap me with a taxi that he had stolen to get me to say yes on his 'plan'

I smiled at the memory when Eduardo's voice interrupted my thoughts again,
"Hey." he called out.

I turn to look at him again. He was so serious. He looked so serious. Almost as if he was mad...

"What's wrong?" I murmured out.

"Can't you just get him out of your life before he hurts you again?" he spat so suddenly that it made me froze. I was kinda surprised of the question...

How did we get to this topic?...

"What?"

"I mean, he left you so suddenly without explanation. Then he comes back 'asking' for your help." Eduardo said, taking a sip from his cup and setting the it down on the table gently.

He slowly turns away from me. His eyes stared off from afar, "Don't you think he might do it again?" he muttered under his breath. But it sounded loud and clear to me.

Yeah, it's true. Why can't I just get him to stay away from me?

I mean..

He's just here because he needs help.

He didn't come back here for me exactly...

He didn't call me or contact me because he was missing me.

He only needs me now because his family wants to come and meet US again.

"Uhh.. Tom?"

I snap out of my thoughts, shaking my head. When I stopped I stared at the table for a moment. Specifically on the tea that was inside the cup.

It was so beautiful... How it looked like honey syrup with a thick paste...

"Tom!!" Eduardo called out, now shaking me gently. I turn to him with a confused expression, "What?" I ask.

He paused for a bit while staring at my face. He's been doing that since earlier... Is there something on my face?

"Why are you crying?" he suddenly ask.

"What?" I asked, eyes widened as I look down on my thighs. Suddenly I heard myself make small sniffling sounds as I saw a tear fall onto my jeans.

I slowly rise my hand up to my face, feeling it gently... My eyes were teary and glassy, my nose was starting to get runny.

"What?..."