• 37 •

No One's P.O.V

"I'm glad you're doing alright..." Zion exclaimed very cheerfully yet sadness was seen inside his darkened eyes. Tom was just staring at him. He was observing how Zion was acting.. It still felt awfully the same as it was before except... More frightening.

Tom just didn't know how he should act around the man when he finally knew what he really is.. He wasn't prepared to be face to face with him after the huge 'revealing'. Tord on the other hand was just giving the silent treatment before walking out and leaving Tom with Zion alone.

He knew Tom was safe because Zion was barricaded but he still took the time to walk to the room where the computers connected to the cameras were placed. He walked inside and saw Paul lighting his cigarette before waving at him lazily.

Tord walked up to the desk and looked at the computer screen where it showed Tom and Zion, "How has he been acting these past days?" Tord asked, his face darkened when mentioning the man that almost devoured the love of his life. Paul slid his lighter inside his pocket and leaned on to the table,

"He's behave. Hasn't made any suspicious movements. Just kept staring at the ceiling but still bugs us about how Tom or his grandma was doing. Nonetheless, he was sure to stay where he is now because he knew that he was gonna die anyway." Paul explains as Tord nods along.

"Well... How did his surgery go?"

Paul puff a smoke in the air before looking at the two in the computer screen, "He just got his grandma's heart yesterday. I heard from Miss Tafira that he was well behaved and excited before the surgery." he answered.

"I'm surprised an artificial heart can last that long... " Tord commented as he narrowed his eyes on Zion. Paul let out a small hum before answering with, "An Artificial Heart lasts for a few weeks to a year. I guess you didn't get know about that information. Now you do. Congrats."

Paul jokingly clapped his hands for Tord as the other gave him the middle finger. It made Paul chuckle and went back to being serious.

Tord scoffed playfully before pulling up a chair that was resting close to a wall and sat on it, "Didn't he already surrendered his heart for about... 1 and a half year before?" Tord asked while staring at Tom who looked hesitant when talking to Zion.

Paul nodded as he looked up at the ceiling, "Well... Yeah. Mr. Geverola here was living on about two Artificial Hearts. That's what was keeping him alive." Paul said as he laid his back on the chair to rest.

"Although I'm sure with multiple experiments in his blood. He might be strong enough to hold his body stable even being heartless. He's just like an... Empty vessel." Paul added as he closed his eyes as he was needing of a good nap for at least 30 minutes.

Tord chuckled bitterly, "I guess logic is already THAT late huh.."

----------------------------------------------------------

Tom couldn't bring himself to look Zion the same way as Zion was looking at him. The guy still obviously cared so much for him and it was becoming so awkward for him.

"Yeah, I did use her. But it was because at that time I didn't want my grandma to be worried about my sudden disappearance. In addition... I acted rationally without thinking the best way when I was in the situation." Zion explained, it finally made Tom glance at him secretly.

"But it doesn't mean I used her for that matter. I never saw her as anything. No. She was a best friend that understood my want to give my heart to my grandma. She was the only one who believes in me and supports me. So when she mentioned about her brother's secret company. I asked her out to which she said yes to and that's how I used her as a cover to be able to escape the price I had to pay." Zion said before smiling widely behind his mask.