Wait, What? Part 2

Kayshawn

It's been 3 days since I found out I was pregnant. Lamont is the only one who knows right now. I don't know how ima tell Isaac. I'm afraid of his reaction. I mean we not ready to be parents. I've been freaking out since that day. We supposed to be going to freaking Howard next year. How we gonna do that and raise a kid? But I'm already falling in love.

Today I'm picking Isaac up from school. They are on there way back from winning the basketball championship. Although I'm so excited to see Isaac, I can't help but feel this is gonna put a damper on things.
I've been trying to stay out of sight at home. Mommy already suspecting stuff. If she saw me she would definitely know. Once my dad finds out its a wrap on sight.

"Hey bae! Get out the car. Come gimme a hug!" Isaac said as he got off the charter bus.
I got out the car and kissed him.
"I missed you baby." Issac said kissing me and hugging me. "Damn my baby getting thick in all the right places."
I instantly moved away from him.
"Come on babe. Let's get out of here. We got so much to catch up on." I said nervously.

"Shawn where you going? You passed the house." Isaac asked.
"I'm taking you somewhere. I don't know how to tell you. So I rather just show you. This is about to change our life babe."
Today was my doctors appointment. I wanted to wait until Isaac got back so we could figure this thing out together.

"What are we doing at the Dr's office Shawn? You know I can't stand hospitals."
"Kayshawn Anderson?"
The doctor called my name before I could explain to Isaac.
"Come on." I said getting up and taking his hand leading him into the room.
We wait quietly in the room until the doctor comes in.
"Hey Shawn. So good to see you! Hows your mom?" Dr.Simone said giving me a hug and a kiss on my cheek.
Dr. Simone has been me and Johns doctor since I could remember. She's my moms best friend, my god mother, and the only doctor I can trust.
"She's doing well. Staying busy as usual." I replied nervously.
"I'm sure! I'll have to call that girl lol. So what brings you here?"
"I've been feeling sick for the past 2 and a half weeks. 3 days ago my best friend came to my house with a pregnancy test."
"Wait. What?" Isaac interrupted.
"And it was positive." I continued
"Wait. Hold on. You telling me that you're pregnant?" Isaac asked in utter shock.
"Ok son just calm down. Pregnancy test's can be misleading sometime. So we are gonna take a test right now to make sure." Dr. Simone said.

I pee in the little cup they gave me and just wait.
"I just don't understand how you could be pregnant. We been safe. I pull out all the time. Oh shit! Except on my birthday." Isaac soon remembered.
"That's exactly what I thought babe. I'm so in love and mad at you I don't know what to do." I said.
"I'm sorry babe. We was both drunk and shit just happened. But nomatter what, I'm not going anywhere. Whatever you decide I support you." Isaac said taking my hand.
"Thank you babe." I said giving him a peck with teary eyes.

"Ok so we got your test scores back. And they did come back positive."

We both nod our heads.

"Ima ask you Shawn to lift up your shirt we are gonna see how everything's looking."

I lifted up my shirt as Dr. Simone put some cold as gel making me shiver on my stomach. Lamont still holding my hand. Dr. Simone started moving some wand on my stomach.

"Oh and there it is. Your baby." Dr. Simone said as we both just stared at the screen with tears in our eyes.
I was looking at my baby. All of a sudden this emotion can over me that I can't describe. Although I'm hella young, I can't help but to want this baby. No matter what.
"You look to be about a month. Everything looks good. I'm gonna write you some prescription that you gotta take daily to make sure you baby get the right nutrients."
We both nod.

"Now enough with this Doctor shit. God mommy bout to get in your ass. How could you not be careful Shawn and you boy?"
"Isaac." He said.
She gave him a stern look as he gulped. She went back to me. You are more fertile than most. You have to be safe at all times! The crazy thing is your mom made an appointment this week to get you on birth control. What the hell you gonna tell your mom and your crazy ass daddy?"

"I don't know God mommy. I haven't gotten that far yet. But please don't say anything!"

"You know I won't say anything baby. But you forget that your 16 and all this will show up on your moms bill. So you better tell her before she get that mail. You got until Monday evening." She said as I began to get dressed and head out.

"Shawn please be careful and safe. And you take care of him you hear daddy?" She told Isaac.

"Yes ma'am. If it's the last thing I do." Isaac said grabbing my hands and my keys. Don't know if I can drive with so much on my mind.

"So what are we gonna do?" Isaac said as he continued to drive. Going nowhere in particular. Seems like we both had a lot on our minds.

We ended up at the park. We stayed in the car for a little bit in silence. Just looking at nothing in particular with him holding my hand and kissing it every now and then.

"Come on." He said getting out the car.
He waits for me to get out and takes my hand. Leading me to a bench overlooking Lake Wylie.

"So we having a baby." I start with an innocent smile.
"I know right." He said wrapping his arms around me. "We have to figure out how to tell our parents." He continued.
"Orrrrr we could run away and raise our baby." I said.
"You know thats not an option. It's not like you and I both aren't financially capable to raise a child. It's just we're young. And having a child could limit us to some things. And the fact that we are gonna hear a handful from the parents. I say we tell them all at the same time. So we don't have to keep saying it."
"I agree." I said. "And I think you and I should be the ones to only decide what goes on with our child." I continued.

"Anything you want babe, Im down for the ride." Isaac said as he kissed me.