Daddy

Isaac

"Oh give thanks unto the Lord for he is good. I said Ohhhh give thanks unto the Lord for he is good!"

"Amen Pastor!" The congregation shouted.

"The Lord is good! all the time. He may not come when you want him too, but he's always on time. When you cant't see your way out!" My dad continued.

So many things going around me, but the only thing that comes to mind is that i'm about to be a father. I'm about to bring my seed into this world. Although i'm kinda excited, Im very nervous about telling our parents. We decided today would be a good time to tell them. You know after getting spiritually full then getting physically full, they will be too full to yell at us when we tell them.

I can see Kayshawn sitting in the middle aisle looking like he been going through. He called me this morning throwing up a load. My baby is a champ man. I got him some ginger ale and just rubbed on my babies until we had to get to church.

Church has finally ended and everyone is coming to the house for dinner including Shawn's brother. I don't know the guy that well but from what I heard he's a nice guy and you don't wanna get on his bad side. So for the sake of Shawn and the baby, I hope everything is as stress free as possible.

"So how you gonna tell Uncle Sam?" Von asked me. I invited him to dinner as well. Maybe his crazy ass can help lighten the mood once the new get out there.

"Idk. You know I hate sugar coding anything. So I Think we just gonna tell them straight up." I said spaced out.

"Well good luck man. Im on your side."

"Thanks broco. That means a lot." I said driving off to the house.

Kayshawn

"Son you've been quiet lately. Everything ok?" Dad asked me as we drove to the pastors house for dinner.

"Yea I'm good dad. Just got a lot of school work and stuff when we get back home." I lied.

"Well baby, you almost have a few months. Then both of my boys will be in college." My mom said with a smile.

I gulp

"And finally out my house. Maybe we could finally walk around the house naked." My dad continued.

"Ok. That's nasty." John said as we got to the house. "Well damn! I didn't know being a pastor could get you in a crib like this. Maybe I need to change my major." John said staring at the house in amazement.

"No keep your major as is we don't need you sending everybody go hell." My dad said as we all laughed. "Yes Anderson family is here." My dad said to the intercom opening the gate.

"The Anderson Family! So nice to have you back." There butler "Jeffrey" said. "Everyone is already at the table. I'll just take you coats and you guys can head to the dining room."

As soon as we get to the dinning room, the first face I see is Isaac. And it brings me peace for some odd reason.

Everybody is up hugging each other and doing small chat until our plates came to the table. Everything looked so good. I'm not sure if it was the pregnancy, but I was super excited to eat. Although ill prolly have to make an appointment with the toilet in the morning, I'm bout to enjoy this food now!!

"So son, what made you wanna have dinner with the group today? Isaac's dad asked.

Isaac looked at me. And I took a deep breathe knowing that shit was about to hit the fan.

Isaac started. "Well thank you everyone for coming. I'm not sure how you all will take the news you are about to hear. But this is our new life and I hope we can have your support.

"We?" Pastor Sam asked.

"Yes we. Shawn and I have a big announcement."

"Well what is it son?"

"Umm well weeee arrrreee having a baby." He finally said holding my hand.

Silence

"Omg!! I just knew I should have taken you to the doctor sooner. A baby? Are you kidding me Shawn?" My mom asked upset.

"Yo I'm bout to beat the hell outta this dude." I could hear my brother mumbling.

All this talking from everybody else, I haven't heard anything from my dad. So I look at him. And he's staring at both Isaac and I with tears and anger in his eyes. Saying absolutely nothing.

What people don't know is that ima daddies boy. So seeing him cry which I have never seen before, or hurting him in anyway made me cry. As I stared back at him.

"Daddy." I whisper.

I guess he comes back to space and wipe his face from the tears. "Thanks for dinner. I think it's time for us to go." My dad said shaking pastors hand.

"Daddy." I said again.

"We'll talk" pastor said as my dad nodded.

"Dad."

"LETS GO NOW TYREKE!" My dad snapped.

I looked at Isaac and gave him a peck on the lips.

"Don't y'all think y'all kissed enough to last a lifetime? Well y'all sure did kiss enough to make a baby!" My mom said as I took another look at him and let go of his hand.

"I love you" he whispered as I nodded.

As we were on our way to the house, all you could hear is the soft music playing and the wind blowing outside. My dad hasn't said anything to me at all. He hasn't even looked at me. But I could see his eyes in the mirror as they watered up every now and then.

When we got to the house, mom and dad went straight to the room. I know cause I heard the door slam.

"A fucking baby??" Was all I could hear my dad yell. "My baby is having a baby Vanessa!" My dad started balling. "Have we not given him everything he's ever wanted and needed? Is this the thanks we get Vanessa?"

I could no longer take this pain. I got my keys and stormed off.

"Where you going? John asked me.

"Idk. I just can't be here right now."

"You mind take me to my dorm?"

I nod my head and we head out to my car.

"You know ima beat his ass right?"