29. Truth and Lies

Elqenna

Elqenna, how about you go out and kill yourself in a full of fun way? You aren't happy. Your heart is broken. You have no one who cares about you.

With that poisoning my head, I quickly drove myself to a bar. Why shouldn't I be here, right?

After the call I received from him, I decided to go back to the company. I wanted to see him one more time before I leave the country. Nasa kotse lang ako, nag-aabang sa kanya.

After hours of waiting, isang magarang kotse ang lumabas mula sa basement parking ng building nila. Hindi ko naman siya nakita pero sigurado 'yong puso ko na lulan siya non. So I followed the car. He stopped at a restaurant.  Una siyang bumaba. Kapagkuwan ay pinagbuksan niya ang babaeng nakasakay sa shotgun seat. Nakatalikod sa'kin ang babae pero alam kong si Raphie 'yon. I saw her today and she's still wearing the same elegant dress during the presentation. Mavvy opened the door backseat and carried a little boy in his arms. He was so happy as he lifted him in the air. Sinita rin siya agad ni Raphie na parang natataranta sa ginawa ni Maverick sa anak nila.

Ang saya nila. At ang selfish lang kasi hindi ko talaga kayang maging masaya para sa kanila. The pain I've been living with tripled or even much worse. And when I called our home, one of my househelps told me that Innigo took his woman to our house.

"Miss? Namumula po kayo? Okay lang po ba kayo?" the bartender asked, making me irritated.

"You don't care. Nobody cares about me so stop acting like you do, okay? Yes, you heard that right. In fact, if I die right here, right now, nobody would still care. Kahit mamatay ako ngayon, walang maghahanap sa'kin! My husband cheats on me! My parents are treating me like I am just an investment! The only person who once cared about me is now happy with someone elese. Walang may pakialam sa'kin kaya tumahimik ka, okay? Let me mind my own business here."

"Ma'am, I'm sorry po pero kailangan niyo na pong—"

"I'm sorry about that, dude," some crazy guy interfered. "Qenna. Tara na. I'll get you out of here." That voice was so familiar. "Pasensiya ka na ulit, bro. I'll pay for her drinks," the guy said to the bartender as he handed him a card.

"What are you doing?" I confronted the brazen guy. "Bitiwan mo 'ko! Let go of me! I don't need anyone!"

Hindi siya nakinig pero patuloy ako sa pagsigaw sa kanya even until we have made it out of the bar.

"Grabe ka sa'kin, universe! Pati ang gabi na gusto ko lang pagbigyan ang sarili ko, ipagkakait mo pa sa'kin!" I shouted to the nothingness. Huminto ang lalaki sa paghila sa'kin. I couldn't see him clearly because of the alcohol intoxicating my system and yet I can feel his stare, his stare of pity like I am a charity case. I hated that.

"Dolly, I'm sorry. Nag-aalala lang naman ako sa'yo nang makita kita e. You're alone and we both know, you cannot get drunk."

Oh. It's the bestfriend, no wonder he was so familiar.

"Why would you care, Yohan? This is my life! Tonight, I just wanted to have fun. I never had that in years," lumuluhang pahayag ko. "Gusto ko lang namang 'wag ng maramdaman 'yong sakit. Mahirap bang ibigay sa'kin 'yon? Iyan lang ang kailangan ko ngayon."

"Getting drunk is not the solution."

Napakunot ako ng noo. Why am I hearing different voices now? Napahawak ako sa sentido ko.

"Bro, mauna na ako. Ikaw na ang bahala sa kanya," Yohan told someone and felt him leaving me with a stranger.

"Are you out of your mind, Blair? Do you plan killing yourself?" a familiar voice blared at me.