30. SuperMav

Maverick

Paige Group of Companies. 

Mavvy, it's impossible. 

PGC has thousands of employees. It's impossible for you to see her again after seven years. Even though I convinced myself that, I still hoped to see her. When my secretary informed me that the representative has arrived, I rushed to the boardroom to see her. Kahit nakatalikod siya, kilalang-kilala ko siya. Sigurado akong si Blair ang kasama ko sa tahimik na silid. I would recognize her immediately even in a thousand of crowd. I definitely would recognize her everytime.

"Are you the representative of Paige International?"

She slowly turned around to face me. My jaw dropped looking at those beautiful expressive eyes. She's changed a lot. She was even prettier. No, that's an understatement. She was more gorgeous now. The lady I fell in love with for six years has grown into a very fine woman.

"Good morning, Mr. Macmillan. Yes, I'm from Paige International." 

"Blair?"

Umiwas siya ng tingin ng banggitin ko ang pangalan niya. It's really her... ang babaeng hindi magawang kalimutan ng puso ko.

"Blair." Lumapit ako sa kanya dahil gustong-gusto ko siyang yakapin.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I just need to go to the bathroom," she blurted out and stormed out of the room before I could stop her.

I can't believe I saw her again after years of searching for her. Ang tagal ko siyang hinanap.

I miss her so much.

Hindi ako mapakali habang nakaupo kasama si Raphie at ang iba pang members ng board. Natatakot akong baka hindi na babalik si Blair. But she did. And even though she covered her eyes with make up, I could tell that she was crying. While she presented, I did not take my eyes off her. Although I tried, I really just couldn't.  I didn't even remember myself blinking. My heart surely didn't want to lose sight of her, even for a split second.

I have to win her again. That's what I told myself so I made a move by interrupting her presentation.

"I've seen many proposals such as this one, Ms. Paige. Tell me what makes your company different than the others."

Napatitig siya sa'kin habang nginitian ko naman siya. Blair shot me an annoyed look, no, more like an angry one.

Cute. She's still so cute.

"What makes our company different from all other companies? Being constantly on top for more than a decade both local and abroad should be an enough answer. Mr. Macmillan, if you partner with us, it will be the partnership that will make our companies more distinguished. You have us, Paige Group of Companies, to accommodate you the right resources your company needs. We have the Paige Engineering and Architecture Designs to provide you new designs for this real estate establishment project. We also have Paige Corp to cater you the perfect furnitures. We can offer you more services other than what I have mentioned if Macmillan Industries Inc. will partner with us. The success will not be transparent only to this project because I trust that our partnership will bring your company to new heights."

Nakangiti ako matapos i-reject ang proposal niya. I will sign for the partnership naman talaga, hindi nga lang ngayon. I wanted the two of us to meet on our own. I have to make her stay this time.

"Are you out of your mind?" tito Leonard angrily barked at me after the presentation, after Blair quickly left. "Paige Group of Companies has been on top since decades ago! You are letting a big oportunity slip off your hands!"