Rebound part 2- Peter Parker x reader

"I hate you." The words shattered Peter's heart, his sobs being the only thing he could hear or focus on. May came as soon Ned called, briefly explaining the situation. She did her best to comfort her sobbing nephew, but neither her words or hugs could make Peter fully feel better. She got him in the car, her own heart breaking as he muttered phrases about how it was all his fault and how he lost the love of his life. Peter spent the rest of his Friday night on the couch with May, his cries, which soon turned to whimpers, echoing throughout the apartment.

Saturday morning came and Peter woke up with a headache, not from the alcohol, but from the crying. Careful not to wake his aunt, he got himself some water and made his way to his room, closing the door. He almost broke down again at the sight of pictures of the two of you so happy, so carefree. He wondered how you were doing, he wanted to check up on you, at least make sure you were okay. Reaching for his phone to text you, he decided against it, knowing you'd most likely ignore it. He sat down on his bed, his head going between his hands. He didn't know how to fix this, how to make it right. Thinking back to your one year anniversary when he got you flowers and you loved them, he thought about doing that again.

May woke up, immediately noticing her nephew wasn't on the couch with her. She knocked on his bedroom door, hearing a weak "come in" from Peter. "Hey honey. You wanna explain what happened?" She asked gently, making Peter shake his head. "She hates me." Was all he mumbled, his voice cracking. "Hey hey. It's okay, I'm sure she didn't mean it. People say things they don't mean when they're upset." May soothed, kissing Peter's forehead. "Why don't I make breakfast and we can talk? That sound good?" May suggested, running her fingers through Peter's curls, noticing the tense boy relax a little bit, making her smile. Peter nodded, his eyes darting to his favorite picture of the two of you. His forehead was resting against your temple, his nose pressed gently against your cheek, he was grinning from ear to ear. His arms around your waist pulling you closer to him. You were laughing, you thought you looked bad and should've just taken the picture when you stopped laughing. Peter thought you looked radiant, like you could light up the entire state of New York with your smile. He barely heard May leave to go to the kitchen as he thought about when that picture was taken.

You were at the park with Ned and Peter, all of you being glad this was the day you picked to go. It was sunny, not too hot, but not too cold. Ned was trying to secretly take pictures of the two of you, however it failed due to the two of you constantly moving to see the ducks. "Okay can you two pose so I can take your picture?" He called, catching your attention. Ned made his way over to you two, Peter wrapping his arms around your waist, pulling you close to him, pressing his lips to your cheek multiple times, making you giggle. "Okay, okay. Picture time." You said, smiling as Peter pressed his lips to your cheek again. "Wait there's a duck! Hi Mr. Duck!" Ned said as a duck walked right next to you guys. You and Peter burst out laughing, and Ned took the picture. "Ewww I look gross." You complained upon seeing the picture. "You look so beautiful." Peter said, his voice almost a whisper, eyes full of love. "I disagree but whatever." You smiled, thanking Ned for taking the picture.

Peter was snapped out of his thoughts by May calling him for breakfast. "Coming, May!" He replied, picking up his phone and sending you a quick text before he went and joined May.

The pair talked as they ate, Peter telling May what happened at the party the night before. May listened, not judging her nephew or getting mad. She saw how distraught he was. "Didn't you get her flowers for your anniversary?" May asked, making Peter nod. "Maybe start there." She suggested. "You think that'll help?" He asked, eyes hopeful. "It's a start." May responded, giving him money for the flowers, though he insisted on buying them himself. "Go get your girl. I'll be here." She told him, giving him a hug. "But first, shower. Freshen up."

Peter got a bouquet of flowers from a local market, grabbing the one with the brightest colors because he knows that's what you like. He also brought your favorite shirt of his to wear when you came over. He knew you had some at your place, but this one topped your list yet you left it at his apartment for when you visited. His stomach fluttered as he approached your door, hesitantly knocking. He was surprised when you answered the door, his surprise turning to concern and his heart breaking at the sight of you. Your eyes were puffy and your stomach was grumbling, indicating you hadn't eaten yet.

"I, um, brought you these." He stammered, handing out the flowers and shirt. You eyed them, deciding whether or not to take them. "This doesn't fix anything." You muttered, avoiding his gaze, but taking the items. "I know! I know that but, I w-was talking with May. I thought it could be a start." He said with the expression of a puppy, one you loved.

His heart broke further when he saw a tear roll down your face. Wordlessly, you shut the door, leaving Peter by himself, again, with one thought running through his head.

The flowers didn't work.