Hesitate- Tom Holland x reader

warnings: mentions of death & homicide, nothing graphic 

Kiss the tears right off your face

Won't get scared, that's the old, old, old me

It was Tom's tossing and turning that woke you up. Turning around to face him, you noticed his back was facing you and you frowned. Tom always faced you, he always wanted to be able to see you as soon as he woke up. Tom's sniffles broke the silence and your heart broke, knowing he either couldn't sleep because of a case or he woke up from a nightmare about one.

"Tom? Hey baby, what's the matter?" You asked softly, putting your hand on his shoulder gently. His back remained facing you, his hands furiously trying to wipe his tears away.

"'M sorry. Didn't mean to wake you." He muttered softly, voice laced with sleep and tears.

"Tommy you can turn around, my love. 'S okay to cry." You assured him, a soft smile on your lips as he huffed and turned around. Tom hated crying in front of you. He was a homicide detective. He was supposed to be tough. You felt your heart break further when you saw his red, puffy eyes, Tom's gaze not meeting yours.

Saying nothing, you just put your hands on his cheeks and peppered kisses all over his face. Though Tom tried to keep up his tough facade, he couldn't help but smile as he felt your lips all over his cheeks.

"What's this for?" He asked, chuckling a little bit.

"'M kissing your tears away. Now what's bothering you?" You responded, frowning when he shook his head.

"Don't wanna scare you." He whispered.

"Hey. I don't get scared anymore. You can tell me anything." You smiled. Tom smiled softly in response. He knew you weren't totally honest. It scared you when he told you about cases bothering him. You always tried to see the good in people and hearing about the worst of the worst scared you.

"Just wanna sleep." He mumbled, scooting closer to you before resting his head on your chest and closing your eyes.

Pressing a kiss to his forehead, you ran your fingers through his curls softly until he fell asleep against you.

Lay it on me, all you're hold, hold, holding

When you woke up the next morning, it wasn't a surprise Tom wasn't with you. He usually woke up before you anyway. What did come as a surprise was the smell of pancakes floating around the apartment. You got out of bed and let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. Making your way down the hall, you entered the kitchen, seeing Tom there humming softly while making pancakes.

"Good morning my love." You greeted, wrapping your arms around his waist and pressing a kiss to his shoulder.

"G'morning baby." He answered, turning around and pressing a quick kiss to your lips.

"Tommy I haven't brushed my teeth yet." You whined, pulling away from the kiss.

"Don't care, baby. Wanted a kiss." He grinned.

"So," You started, gesturing to the plate of pancakes. "What's all this for?"

"Just wanted to spoil you, is all." He told you.

"Mhm. What's bothering you, bub?" You asked, your arms wrapped around his waist again, feeling him tense underneath you.

"Can we talk while we eat?" You knew Tom's favorite thing was to eat and talk, it was a way for him to distract himself from the sadness and pain he was saying with something good.