Where Do Broken Hearts Go- Peter Parker x reader

Counted all my mistakes and there's only one

Standing out from the list of the things I've done

Peter sighed, laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. It was one of those nights where all he could think of were all the things he did wrong. All of his mistakes swirled around his head, making it difficult for him to fall asleep. He thought about how he went after the vulture after Mr. Stark told him not to. Sure, it turned out okay, but it cost him his multi million dollar suit. He thought about how he went into that spaceship after Mr. Stark tried to send him home. Sure, he was home now, but it cost him his life. He spent a year in the soul stone, alone and scared. When he came out, he wasn't the same. Who would be? He was more anxious and on edge, scared that at any given moment he'd feel his body turning to ash again. He lashed out more, especially against those he loved. Which brought him to his biggest mistake since he returned: letting you go.

All the rest of my crimes don't come close

To the look on your face when I let you go

He remembered the broken look on your face when he had said the words he didn't mean: that he didn't need you. Your mouth opened, like you went to say something, but nothing came out. Your eyes filled with tears as they searched his face for any trace of regret. Peter's pride got in the way of that. He regretted the words the second they left his mouth, but he refused to acknowledge them then. He was too stubborn. And he hated himself for it. You walked away without another word, leaving him alone. Now that image was engrained in Peter's mind. He thought about it all the time and how he could make this right, but he couldn't think of anything. All he could think about was how much he needed you. God, he needed you. You were his rock, you were there for him when he got back You knew when to hug him and rub his back or run your fingers through his hair or when to give him some space.

Then he messed it all up. He hadn't heard from you since and you avoided him at all costs.

Sighing in defeat, he walked over to his window before climbing out and hesitantly swinging a web to the roof of the building next to his and swung over. He sat on the roof, deep in thought while watching the streets of Queens. This was just something he would do sometimes when he couldn't sleep and it was late. Part of him told himself that it was to clear his head, but deep down he knew that wasn't the reason. He watched the streets to look for you. He knew that when you couldn't sleep you would go for walks through the city, even though he told you it was dangerous.

"I can handle myself, Peter." You would tell him, smiling gently and rubbing his cheek. He would lean into your touch, muttering an "I know, I just worry," which would make you smile even more.

Whether you wanted to see him or not, he still watched for you, just to make sure that if you were out walking, you were safe.

He didn't put the suit on anymore- he couldn't. Queens no longer had a friendly neighborhood Spiderman looking after them. But he knew that if he ever saw you in danger, he would drop everything and save you.

Yeah, it took me some time but I figured out

How to fix up a heart that I let down

On any other night, Peter would just sit on the roof. But tonight, his mind was spinning, thoughts of you and him filling his mind. It had been two weeks since you left, but he spent the entire time thinking about how to talk to you again and he finally figured it out. But first he had to find you. He sighed, swinging down from the building to begin his search.

Now I'm searching every lonely place

Every corner calling out your name

Tryna find you but I just don't know

Where do broken hearts go?

Peter looked everywhere. He looked at your favorite places, especially ones you told him you went to when you went on walks when you couldn't sleep. He looked in the empty alleys, turned every corner with hope you'd be on the other side. When his searches turned up empty, he almost gave up and accepted the fact that he may have to try at school. He was just about to go back to his apartment when he heard footsteps behind him. His gut told him that it wasn't a threat- the footsteps were too light. He turned around right as you turned the corner, the two of you nearly bumping into each other.

You stopped and froze at the sight of Peter, who was gaping at you. You were so beautiful, the moonlight around your head making you look like an angel.

"Hi." He breathed. You just shook your head, turning to leave, but Peter grabbed your wrist gently before you could go. "Just-Just listen to me. I think I finally figured out what to say to you, but if you still hate me after you hear me, you can go and I'll never bother you again." He pleaded, his chocolate eyes looking down at you, showing nothing but sincerity and hopefulness.

"Fine." You huffed, tugging your hand away from his. "I've been thinking and um, I just- I'm so sorry. I don't think I can ever express how sorry I am for what I said and for letting you walk away. It was the worst decision I've made since I came home." He rambled. "I need you. So badly. You always knew what would relax me if I was having a panic attack or nightmare but also when I just needed space." He continued, taking your hand in his. "I've been searching everywhere for you, I've been trying to figure out how to talk to you again. I know-I know I haven't been the same since, you know, but I'm trying and I'll do whatever it takes-"

You cut him off by throwing yourself into his arms, bringing him into a tight hug. "I know you won't be the same, Peter. And that's okay, alright? I just want you with me. You were gone for so long I was so used to you not being here and when you said you didn't need me, I just figured it was true, you know?" You mumbled, words muffled by his chest.

"I need you, Y/N. I know I haven't been the best boyfriend, but I can't do this without you anymore." He begged, nuzzling his face into your hair.

"I'm here, Peter. 'M not going anywhere."