Mending A Broken Heart- Tom Holland x reader

warnings: language, angst, mentions of cheating 

________________________________________________________________________________

You had noticed it for months. Tom has been pulling away, spending more time out with the boys than at home with you. His kisses became forced and the words 'love you' slowly stopped falling from his lips.

Most days he would leave for work before you woke up and on the rare occasion you were up when he left, he would mumble a 'goodbye' before walking out the door. Sometimes, if you were lucky, he would press a gentle kiss to your forehead. Most times, though, he would just leave.

You did your best to keep the love alive, you were still madly in love with him. The wedding band that sat tightly on your ring finger mocked you. A symbol of what was love has turned into one sided love. Hell, you weren't sure if Tom wore his wedding ring anymore.

A quick glance to his left hand would reveal that he didn't.

You spent your nights wondering if it was something you did. Were you too clingy when he left to film? Was he just tired of you after four years of marriage? Did he find someone else?

No. You shook your head to yourself one night as you laid in the bed by yourself, the space usually occupied by Tom cold. If he found someone else and if he cheated, that's on him. Not on you.

Still, the thought plagued your mind. Did he meet someone else? Was she prettier than you? Is that where he was when he said he was out with the boys? Was she able to give him something you couldn't give him?

The door opening and shutting alerted you that Tom was home. You sighed, knowing it'd be another night of sleeping on opposite sides of the bed.

The door to the bedroom opened and in came Tom, Tessa jumping up to greet him.

"Hey girl, hey love, how are you, hm?" He whispered, petting Tessa as his eyes flickering over to you, who was visibly awake. "Thought you'd be asleep by now. 'S late."

"Couldn't sleep." You replied simply. "Hey so I was thinking, we haven't had a date night in a while, maybe you wanted to go out to see the Halloween decorations around town and get dinner tomorrow night?"

"Can't," He shook his head as he got ready for bed. "Harrison wants to watch the game. Told him I'd go."

"Didn't you just see Harrison tonight?"

"Yeah, and?"

"Nothing." You sighed, obviously upset. "Nothing, Tom. Goodnight."

"Night." He responded, turning out the light and climbing into bed, falling asleep with his back toward you.

-

The next day, you were surprised to see Tom already awake and waiting in the kitchen, sipping on a cup of tea when you got downstairs.

"Good morning." You smiled softly.

"We need to talk." He told you. You felt your heart drop and your palms get sweaty, but you wiped them on your pajama pants in an effort to seem totally calm and not panicked.

"A-About what?" You asked, your voice coming out shaky.

"I think," Tom started. "I think we should get divorced."

It was then, at 8:30 am that your world came crashing down.

"W-What?" You whimpered out, your voice weaker than before. "Why?"

"I'm not happy with you anymore." He said simply. Your eyes flickered to his left hand, noticing the absence of the golden wedding band, making your heart ache.