Meet The Parents- Tom Holland x reader

warnings: mentions of sex, nervousness, language 

________________________________________________________________________________

Butterflies swirled around in your stomach as you kept your eyes on the road ahead of you. Your hands were getting sweaty and you were sure that if you needed to take a turn right now your hands would slip off the steering wheel. Nerves were consuming you to the point that not even the soft music from the radio could keep your mind off what was about to happen.

"Nervous, love?" Tom asked, a small smile on his lips as his brown eyes glanced from the road to you. Despite the gps telling you to stay on the highway for a few miles until your exit and the fact that you knew where you were going, you kept your eyes glued to the empty highway lanes as if it was packed with cars.

"How'd you know?" You breathed out, a small smile forming on your face as Tom chuckled.

"Well, love, you're gripping the steering wheel so hard I think you're gonna break it if you don't relax your grip a little bit." He grinned, making you laugh lightly and relax your hands. "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?"

"'S just..I've never exactly brought anyone home to meet my family before and I mean I told them you were coming but they don't even know it's you that's coming! And you're older than me so what if that comes up and-"

"Babe I'm not that much older than you." Tom chuckled. "Besides, it's not your fault they don't know who I am. Plus, it'll be kinda nice going somewhere and meeting people as myself and not as someone who's been in movies."

"That's the thing, though. They'll probably recognize you the minute you step through the door. And I don't know what their reactions will be." You whined, making Tom chuckle again.

"Think they'll be good reactions?" He asked, rubbing his thumb over your thigh lightly in an effort to help you relax.

"Think it may be overwhelming and I don't want you to be overwhelmed."

"You're too cute." He smiled. "We'll deal with that if it comes to it. Don't you worry about that, my love."

You smiled and glanced at him for a second, before turning your attention back to the road and getting off at the right exit.

On the way to your house, you gave Tom a mini tour of your hometown, pointing out where you went to high school and where you and your friends would go grab food after school or after a performance you were in.

It was the usual mundane things, but Tom looked out the passenger side window and listened as you told him the significance of whatever you were telling him.

Finally, after trying to push off the inevitable, you pulled up to your childhood home.

Turning off the car, you sighed, grabbing the keys and unlocking the back of the car before turning to Tom.

"You ready?" You asked, making him nod.

"Are you ready?" He checked, holding one of your hands in his own, running his thumb across your knuckles.

"As ready as I'll ever be." You smiled softly. "Let's get the things from the back and head in."

The two of you grabbed your bags from the trunk, Tom closing it behind you and following you through the garage, pausing at the door to allow you to open it.

"Hi mom, hi y/sd/n!" You greeted, giving them each a hug as your mom opened the door.

"Hi honey, oh we missed you! And oh! You must be Tom!" Your mom smiled, her and your stepdad shaking his hand while you took your shoes off.