Rebound part 3- Peter Parker x reader

You didn't tell your family what happened, only that you didn't have a good time at the party. You locked yourself in your room and cried for the rest of the night, not bothering to change out of your clothes. When you woke up on Saturday morning, you showered and changed into pajamas. You noticed Peter texted you, asking you to let him know that you were okay. You scoffed, tossing your phone on your bed as you sat at your desk. Your eyes darted to the pictures of you and Peter. You sighed as you looked at your favorite, you and Peter were sleeping on his couch. Your back was pressed against his chest, his arms wrapped around you protectively. May had taken it when she walked into the living room to check on you two during one of your movie nights. You thought back to the words you said to Peter before you left. "I hate you." Did you mean them? No. But you were really upset about the whole thing. You really loved Peter, you had a huge crush on him before he asked you out, so when he did and you two started dating you thought your feelings were reciprocated. And you thought Peter would be honest with you. But he lied.

You spent the day in your bed, crying and mindlessly watching Netflix. Your parents didn't want to push you to talk, so they didn't. They just made sure you ate and drank some water. They came in later to tell you they were going out with friends and to text or call them if you needed anything. Which is why you were surprised when you heard a knock on the door. You weren't expecting anyone, you weren't sure who would come by anyway. You didn't really eat a lot of the day, though your parents told you to. You wondered if they ordered you food because they were worried. Without checking who it was, you opened the door to see Peter standing there with flowers and your favorite shirt of his.

"I, um, brought you these." He stammered, handing out the flowers and shirt. You eyed them, deciding whether or not to take them. "This doesn't fix anything." You muttered, avoiding his gaze, but taking the items. "I know! I know that but, I w-was talking with May. I thought it could be a start." He said with the expression of a puppy, one you loved.

You felt a tear roll down your cheek, your mind telling you to kick him out and never see him again, your heart telling you to hear him out. Without muttering another word, you turned away and closed the door. As soon as the door was shut, you broke down again, cuddling Peter's shirt to your chest, trying to feel comfort. You brought the flowers and the shirt back to your room, where you cried yourself to sleep.

You woke up the next morning in a sweat from another nightmare. Before you knew what you were doing, you were making your way to Peter's apartment, used to having his comfort after a nightmare. Hesitantly knocking, you heard a weak "coming" from Peter as he slowly made his way to the door. He opened the door, shock taking over his features when he saw you. "Y/N? What are-what're you doing here?" He asked, taking in your puffy eyes. "Had a nightmare. 'M used to having you around after those so I came here, 'm sorry, I'll go." You mumbled, feeling tears fill up your eyes. "Hey, hey, c'mere." Peter soothed, bringing you into a hug. "It's okay, it wasn't real." He whispered, rubbing your back as your body shook. "I love you Peter, love you so much. 'M so sorry I didn't mean it." You sobbed, clutching the shirt that clung to his back. "'S okay, baby. You don't have to apologize. I'm so so sorry I love you." He mumbled into your hair. "Peter?" You muttered, pulling away. "Yeah, love?" He responded. "I want you. I want us." You replied, making Peter's eyes widen. "I want that too, holy shit, I love you so so much." He said excitedly, pulling you back to his chest. "I'm so so so sorry." He whispered. "It's okay." You mumbled. "Do you, uh, wanna come in for breakfast?" He asked, making you blush. "I'd love to."