The Best Friend

This is a purely fictional story

Previously-

And suddenly, Vrushali fainted.

The doctors were called and we all were sent outside. Everyone of us were a bit tensed.

And suddenly the doctor came outside "Congratulations! A son is born"

Now-

Amrit's POV

We all were so happy. I could see Karn too much excited even if he was his fourth son.

Even I was excited. This was the first time I would see a newborn baby and that too Karn's son.

Karn rushed inside and we followed him.

Vrushali was laying on the bed and beside her was a baby who wasn't even crying.

Karn walked towards them and took him in his arms. Sudama, Vrishsena and Chitrasena were there as well. Karn sat on the bed and they all surrounded him to see their new brother.

I and Supriya went and sat on the other side of Vrushali.

Radha Kaki took the baby in her arms "Just like all other sons of Karn, even he was his radiance"

"So what name have you decided for him, Radheya?" Vrushali asked as she shifted to sit with Supriya's support.

"Satyasena" Karn said with a proud smile.

This feels so good. This family. It's reminds me of my family. Maa. Papa. Grandpa. Choti. I miss them all. It's been so long since I met them. I guess I am just getting homesick.

I felt a tear coming out from my eyes. I wiped it and went to the balcony.

The moon. It's full moon tonight. It looks so beautiful.

I want to cry so badly. I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Karn.

"Karn?" I said.

"I saw you coming here. Is everything ok?" He said with concern.

"I just miss my family. My maa, my papa, everyone" i said as I hugged him.

"It's ok. I can understand." He said hugging me back. "When I was gone my training to Guru Parshurama, even I missed my family a lot. I sometimes couldn't even sleep at night."

I don't know why but his voice makes me feel better.

He never asked me where I was from, or why I don't visit my parents. He just trusts me a lot.

Narrator's POV

A few months passed,
The latest rumour is that King Drupad, after months of pujas and penance had got a son, Dhrishtadyumna who is fated to kill Drona and Draupadi who is fated to marry Arjun. But the problem is that, for everyone the pandavas are dead but they are alive in the disguise of Brahmans.

Amrit's POV

Well Draupadi and her brother's birth is a lot in talk nowadays.

I personally have wanted to meet them but I haven't got any chance.

It's been almost 8 months since Satyasen was born.

Karn has started spending a lot time with his sons, specially Sudama. He has started teaching them archery. And even I have learnt some basics. It's fun but I like sword fighting more. And I have become as good at it as a soldier would.

I decided to go to Dwarka and meet Kanha as I feel I need to spend some time with him.

I departed for Dwarka and was welcomed by Kanha and Jambavati Bhabhi

All of Kanha's wives are just like pieces of jigsaw puzzles. They all complete each other.

I spent a lot of time with all of them and somehow one month passed.

One day, I was in a garden with Rukmini and Satyabhama when we saw Kanha.

"Amrit, I am going to Panchal. Do you wanna come?" He asked.

Kanha and Draupadi has met before and they are already Sakha Sakhi. So I think that's a good I idea to met her.

"Yes Kanha. I will come" I said with excitement.

The very next day, we departed for Panchal.

There, at the palace, King Drupad and Draupadi welcomed us.

"She is my sister, Amrit" Kanha introduced me.

"I have heard about her" replied king Drupad.

"I am Draupadi" she introduced herself.

"Who doesn't know you, Yagyaseni?" I said with a smile.

We both decided to chat alone and went to a room.

She was truly the daughter of fire. She had that brightness in her, her dark skin just add more beauty to her.

"So how does it feel like to be Sakha's sister?" She asked

"How does it feel like to be Fire's daughter?" I asked in return.

It's strange but it feels so comfortable near her. She is fearless, yet caring, somewhat different from me. We became friends so soon. I even told her that Karn is my brother too. She told me that she have heard about him. We both spend many time together almost inseparable.

I just don't know what fate has for me. First Kanha appears as my brother, then I am here in this era, Karn is my brother, I feel strange for Arjun, Panchali is my best friend. What the hell am I gonna do in future? When this story will pull me in two parts?

Author's Note

This was the introduction of Panchali. The next part will be her Svamyamvar.

I know my story might not be correct as according to the timeline of Mahabharata and I am really sorry for that.

Thanks for supporting me.

My story reached #2 in lakshmi.