Laksh

Amrit's POV

Arjun and Subu had gone to rest. Panchali is in her room and wants to be alone.

And here I am feeling as lonely as I could.

I was sitting in the garden on a swing.

I guess I should visit Anga.
It's been a long time since I have gone there and
Now I am missing everyone there.

What the hell am I thinking?
I was in Anga hardly a week ago.

My mind is lost somewhere I guess,
I need to find it soon.

Suddenly I saw Subu coming towards me.

"Subu, so how is your new home?" I asked with a smile.

"Ammu, I am missing everyone really badly. Mata Devaki, Mata Rohini, Bhrata Krishna, Bhrata Balarama, Satyabhama Bhabhi, Rukmini Bhabhi, Revati Bhabhi, almost everyone...." She continued speaking.

"Calm down, girl, calm down." I said as I made her sit beside her. "Listen, I don't have experience with newly weded brides so I don't know how to assure you. But aren't you happy that at least you are living with the one you love?"

This girl,
She just confuses me.

"I guess you are right Ammu..." She said with a smile.

"I am always right, dear Subu except when I argue with Kanha. He is never wrong" I said as I stood up.

"Where are you going? " she asked.

"I haven't talked to Panchali after you came here. I guess I should go and check her mood. I don't want to be dead." I told her and then walked to Panchali's room.

I knocked the door.

"Come in" I heard Panchali say.

I opened the door and saw her sitting in front of the dressing table combing her hair.

"May I help?" I asked as I walked behind her.

She nodded and passed me the comb.

I took it and slowly started combing her hair.

"You knew about Subhadra marrying Arya Arjun from before that's why you came from Dwarka in just two days. I am correct, right?" She said with a blank expression looking at me through the mirror.

"Panchali..." I closed my eyes not knowing what to say as I kept on combing her silky hair "Yes. I was there in Dwarka when they were getting married and I did help them getting married. But Panchali, would you have not done the same thing if you were in my place?"

She just smiled.

"I am not angry at you, Amrit. I just wanted to clear my doubt." She said calmly.

"Oh. Panchali, I know I am going off topic, but I just love your long hairs" I said as I tied her hair into a juda.

"Amrit listen..." She said with a bit concern type expression.

"Tell Panchali" I asked as I fitted her crown and pallu.

"Never ever leave me. You are the closest figure I have ever had to a friend" She said with a few tears in her eyes.

"Uff oh Panchali, why are you becoming so emotional all of a sudden." I said as I wiped her tears "I am not leaving you. Well I don't have any plan to leave you alone,yet"

She giggled. "Amrit, I haven't met anyone like you. You have the purest soul I have ever seen."

"I know I am the best" I said sarcastically.

The Next Day,

I was playing with some kids in a village in the outskirts of Indraprasth.

I love playing with these kids.
Whenever I am in Indraprasth,
I make sure that I at least play with them once.

"Didi, you run and I will catch you" The youngest one among them said.

"Sure" I smirked and started running. I was looking back at her to make sure that I am not much ahead of her.

Suddenly I bumped into someone. I was about to fall but he held me tightly.

I am going to quit running.
Whenever I run, I bumped into some stranger.
But he is handsome.

I stood properly and he left me. His brown eyes were atrangely attracting. He had an innocent yet cute smile on his face. He looked like a prince or at least a skilled warrior. He was fair skinned and had a charm on his face.

There was an awkward silent.

Should I speak?
But what?
Uff Ammu, at least say thanks.

"Thanks and Sorry. I should see where I am going." I said with a short smile.

"Ah... It's fine." He said awkwardly.

"I am Amrit...." I started introducing myself.

"Sister of Vasudev. Who doesn't know you, Rajkumari?" He said with charming smile. "I am Laksh, Rajkumar of Parit"

Laksh...
Nice name.
It reminds me of my friend Daksh and my cousin Daksh also.
But why does Parit sounds familiar?
Maybe I am just thinking too much.

"So I was right. You do look like a Rajkumar." I said with a smirk.

"I know I am too handsome, Rajkumari" He said in a joking tone.

You are handsome!

I smiled.

"Didi, stop talking and play with us. " The kids screamed at me.

Of course!

"Wanna join us?" I asked looking at him.

"Me?" I asked looking unsure.

"Why so unsure? Is the Rajkumar of Parit afraid about the fact that he might lose to little kids?" I said teasingly.

"Now that hurted my pride." He said with a sad face " I will play with you all" He screamed to the kids.

We all started playing and played for many hours.

It was about the time for sunset.

To Be Continued

Author's Note

So here is an early update.
First of all thanks for 6.5K reads.

I hope you all liked the new entry.

Credit for Laksh goes to Kamalanayani23 and her Pitashree.
When she first gave me idea of the character of Laksh, I was imagining 'the actor who played Porus' not knowing that his name is Laksh too.

Do read my other stories.

I hope you like the chapter.