It Was Never Easy

Amrit's POV

I and Kanha looked at the chariot as they started going.

"Do you know acting?" Kanha asked with a smirk.

"What? Why?" I asked being completely puzzled.

"We need to pretend like Subhadra had eloped before even we came." He instructed.

I nodded.

What a plan!
Oscar winning superstar actress Ammu be ready.

We started going towards the mandap.

Dau and Duryodhan were waiting for us.

"Kanha, where is Subhadrae?" Dau asked Kanha as he saw our tensed face.

I want to laugh so badly.

"Dau, she was no where to be found in the temple." Kanha explained.

"What? But how?" Duryodhan shouted.

Come on,
Don't make this acting hard for me.

Dau tried to remain calm.

"Ammu weren't you with her?" Dau asked me.

"Dau, actually we planned to go with together. But I felt uncomfortable in the saree which I was wearing so I told her to go before and I changed into this plain saree. When I reached the temple, Kanha was already there and he told me that Subu is no where around." I explained with a perfect acting, stammering in between to make them realise that I am tensed.

How was that?

"Perfect" I said to me through his mind.

I tried not to smile.

"This. This is not possible. I am sure that this is something to do with you, Vasudev"He said pointing to Kanha.

Kanha
Krishna
Vasudev
How many names do people call you with?

Duryodhan was with Dushasan. Karna wanted to spend some time with his children so Duryodhan told him not to come with him.

"Dau..." Kanha said with a shocked expression maybe wanting to defend himself.

But before he could complete, a man, most probably a spy, interrupted us.

"Balarama ji, I just saw Devi Subhadra in a chariot with a man who was holding a bow. Most probably she has been eloped by him." He said while panting.

My mind is blank.
What happens now?

"What?" Dau reacted with anger " Gather our army. He must not be able to leave Dwarka."

"A bow... Guru Balaram, I am sure he must be Arjun. I heard some rumour that he is around Dwarka only. And who else has so much courage to elope your sister except Vasudev's favourite Arjun" Duryodhan said in anger.

Dau walked to Kanha. Kanha had a blank expression.

"Kanha, I know that Arjun has always been your favourite. But if he is the one who had eloped Subhadrae, then I won't spare him." Dau warned Kanha.

"Dau, if Arjun has eloped Subhadra then I myself won't spare him." Kanha assured him.

What the hell is happening!
I remember none of this drama.
And dadu used to call me Mahabharat guru,
I don't even know what the hell is happening right now.

They started leaving in their chariots. I went with Kanha.

I don't want to miss the drama which is going to happen.
But what if something really happens to Arjun?
But I don't think could be harmed if Kanha is there.