The Return

Amrit's POV

It's been a year since that day...

I walked towards my room while looking around with a smile.

I was heartbroken and felt like that the era of Mahabharata was not at all for me.

I sat in front of the dressing table and looked at the reflection of mine in the mirror.

But who can go against Kanha?
He knew what he was doing and knew when and where I actually belong.

I closed my eyes remembering all that he told me that day.

I was such a foolish to think that running away because of a heartbreak is more important than living here with Kanha.

He made me realise how I was taking everything in the wrong way.

And now I know, I am here because I am a part of this epic and that my fate, my destiny is in this era, in the story of Mahabharata.

I was here in Indraprasth for the last two months. Subu had given birth to a boy. Yeah you all are right, I am talking about Abhimanyu. And guess what, he is  so cute as a baby.

I had been to Dwarka and Anga several times during this period of one year.

You all might be wondering what Kanha told me which made me change my mind and stay here.

Well, I am not gonna tell you all. I mean it's so precious to me and my heart that I don't wanna share it to anyone.

I prefer it to call my version of the Gita. I don't know if I will get to hear the actual Gita or not but I am quite satisfied with what I have seen and heard.
His words were so calming and I don't care about any sad moments which I had faced now.

I stood up and walked outside the room towards Subu's room. She was playing with her son.

He is seriously the cutest baby I have seen.

I walked towards them and sat on the bed.

"So how is my dear Abhi?" I said in a soft voice as I took him in my lap.

"Ammu, take care of him. I will be back in just a moment" Subu told me.

"Ok.. but..." I was about to say when she left.

She shouldn't have left me alone with Abhi.
I should not be even the last person you can ask to look after your baby, Subu.

I sighed as I looked at Abhi.

Suddenly, I heard some footsteps. They were of Panchali.

She smiled as she saw us.

"Subhadra told me that she had left Abhi with you. I came here as fast as I could." Panchali told me as she sat beside me.

"What does that mean?" I said in an offended tone.

"One can't risk to give responsibility of taking care of their child to you. You are someone who can't take care of herself." Panchali explained and took Abhi in her lap.

"Now, that's rude and you are sounding like my mother." I said sounding  irritated.

"I wonder what would happen when you will have your own children." She continued.

"Don't worry. I will leave them with you. I am sure you will be able to take care of them" I said in an irritated tone and walked outside the room.

I was going towards the garden when I almost bumped into Arjun. Almost. I balanced myself just a split second before bumping into him.

"Panchali was right. I can't even walk without bumping into people." I murmured to myself.

"Did you say something, Amrit?" He asked.

"No-- nothing, Arjun" I smiled and walked away when I bumped into Subu.

WHY IS PANCHALI SO RIGHT!?

"Ammu, learn to walk" Subu said in an annoyed tone.

"And you learn to not give to responsibility of your son to a woman who can't even walk without bumping to 2 people." I replied back.

To Be Continued

Author's Note-

So finally, here is the next chapter.

I am so sorry for such a long delay but trust me, I had no time to update any of my stories.

It's been more than a year since I started this story and thanks for supporting me and my story so much.

Nothing has been the same in the past one year, and I sometimes feel like quitting all these. But again, I guess that's how teenage is.

And also thanks for 13K+ Reads.

Do read my other stories too.