Preparation

Amrit's POV

I walked through the hallway to see everyone preparing for the Yagya.The people were busy decorating the palace.

These people look so happy.
But I am having a weird feeling.
I am getting a bit of memories of what happens on that day.

I walked to where Panchali and Subu were standing.

"What are you both talking about?" I asked softly having nothing else to do.

Panchali was about to say something but Subu cut her off.

"We were talking about how it is time for Ammu to get married." Subu said slyly.

Not again!
That reminds me... why did I see him?
I wasn't even thinking about him.
Or was I?

I sighed while Panchali just smiled understanding how Subu had been annoying me.

"Panchali, see Subu has been annoying me with this topic since morning." I complained like a little kid.

She just giggled.

"But she isn't wrong" Panchali said with a smile.

No...
Not you too.

"See even jiji agrees" Subu added.

"You can't take her side. You are on my SIDE! " I said being a bit annoyed now.

"What's the matter?" I heard someone say.

This sounds like...

I turned to see Arjun.

This is not good.
This is a really bad timing to come, Arjun

"Nothing" I said but Subu interrupted again.

"We are just talking about Amrit's wedding, Arya" Subu said excitedly.

Thank you so much, Subu

"You are getting married?" Arjun asked with an expression which I wasn't able to read.

His expression...
Is he shocked?
I don't know ,for some reasons, I am having trouble in reading his expressions.

"What? No! No no no no no." I kind of freaked out "Subu is just thinking weird stuffs."

Can't you talk normally, Ammu.
Why are you behaving weird?

Panchali just giggled on seeing my reaction.

Everyone is enjoying my condition.

"Can we all focus on the preparation?" Panchali finally said. "We can think about Ammu's wedding later."

Finally...

"Finally someone said something smart" I sighed feeling relieved.

"And maybe you will find your future husband among the guests" Subu whispered into my ears before walking away.

What?

I looked at Panchali and Arjun. No one except me heard what Subu said.

"I... I will be back in a moment." I excused myself and walked towards the garden.

This feels better.

I smiled as I sat on a bench.

Its so nice to be here, to be in this era, to be around such wonderful and amazing people.

I smiled.

But I am not getting married any soon, no matter what Subu says

It suddenly started raining slightly.

Rain? Now?

I sighed and started walking inside.

The little me used to hate rain.
But... I started liking rain as I grew older.

I smiled as I was thinking of the old times and was about to enter my room.

"Ammu, come give me a hand" Panchali called me to help her.

And then there I was, helping Panchali with things that I don't understand.

"You made me work a lot today" I said as we finally completed everything.

"At least you can say that you learnt something." She replied.

"Naah. I have already forgotten what we did." I joked as I walked with her.

"Go rest for now. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day." She said.

I nodded and was walking in the hallway.

I saw Arjun walking a bit away from me.

"Hi" I said as I started walking beside him.

"So done with helping Panchali?" He asked.

"Yeah... it was tiring" I said with a smile.

"Are there such Yagyas during your time?" He asked.

"Not exactly" I replied.

"And what about your wedding?" He asked in a teasing tone. "Is there anyone in your mind?"

Not again.

"Let's just say I am not ready for marriage yet." I replied with a sigh.

"You didn't answer my second question." He said looking at me. "Is there someone in your mind?"

Ah...
Is there?
I don't know.
My mind doesn't tell me everything.
But then there is him...
But I... I don't know.

"Not yet..." I replied with a smile. "At least not anyone I can think of right now."

Let's just hope there is none right now.

We talked for a while and then I went to my room.

The night... it was a long one. The fact that I saw him had kept me awake for most of the night. But being me, I finally felt asleep.

The next morning, it was the day. The day when the Rajasuya Yagya is going to happen.

And guess what?
I remember everything that is going to happen.
And...
I don't know how to feel.

To Be Continued

Author's Note

So... first of all sorry for being so late in updating.

Secondly, sorry for such a boring chapter. Let's just say I am having trouble writing about the Rajasuya Yagya part and that too with Amrit included in it. So I decided to write this chapter before writing the big event.

I am still not sure how I feel about this chapter and might even delete this since it is not important to the plot.

And also thanks for all your love and support. And also thanks for waiting so patiently.

And thanks for 31K+ views.

And also do read my other stories if you would like to.