Broken Promise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last time

Ash: Wow I can't tell you enough of how great you two were!

Paul however was silent, eyes closed as he never once looked back at his poor little chimchar. Lily looked on in sadness, wondering what was going on in her usually kind brothers mind. She really hoped he wasn't going to do something bad...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was that evening as the sun was setting when lily found the answer to her older brother's silence at the end of the second day of the competition. She had been wondering where her brother had went to brood off to when he left the competition earlier. Lily had, had to walk back alone with her Pokémon to the pokéCenter this was unusual for her to have to do as her brother was usually very protective of her. But he had seemed to up and disappear after the last battle was through. But, she wasn't happy one bit when she found him standing off to the side with the wounded chimchar.

Chimchar:*looks up at Paul* Chim? [Paul?]

Paul: Your out of here!

Chimchar tried to persuade Paul to reconsider as he pleaded for Paul not to do such a thing. He was his trainer, his friend. Why would he leave little chimchar now? He had won the battle before right? What more could he do?

Lily:*runs up* Big Bro! What are you doing?!

Paul:*turns with a frown* Lily...

Lily:*frowns* Big bro! Why are you giving up Chimchar? That doesn't make any sense! Aren't you supposed to help him to get stronger?

Paul: Forget it Lily, what's would be the point? Obviously chimchar here is to weak and useless if he freaks out like he did, don't you see Lily? He'll only hold me back. So I have to get another fire type, come on. We're leaving.

Paul fully expected for his little sister to be on his side and follow him back to the pokéCenter. To just leave the poor wounded Pokémon alone, abandoned. Lily glared, Tears starting to gather in her eyes. And unlike last time, these tears were full of pain and sorrow. She felt betrayed by her brother's actions both towards herself and chimchar.

Lily: No! He's not useless! And he's not weak either!

Paul looked back at his sister shocked that she had shouted at him with such emotions. And in such a tone. It was different from her usual voice, she was hurt. And in no small amount either, she was absolutely devastated. He bit his lip, feeling his own heart hurt that his sister was giving him that look of hate and distrust. But with a sigh, he glanced at her, before continuing to walk back to the Pokémon Center.

Paul:*frowns* Hmph, I'll give you some space to collect yourself then... Come back soon though, it's late...

Lily looked down at chimchar who looked up at her with tears of his own. V looked sadly at both his trainer and her brother's former Pokémon, he had seen this happen before unfortunately and it still left him feeling bitter. Chimchar looked crushed by his swirling emotions but decided to toughen up enough to start walking off towards the forest.

Lily: Wait! Chimchar! Please don't go!

Chimchar looked back to see the small purple haired girl looking at him with determination now. Causing him to be confused.