Past Worth Sharing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last time

Jack of course was hesitant to talk about his past with lily, a girl that although he had a crush on, he didn't want to loose them as a friend either. He was worried about what she would think about him when he told her about all his pain and trouble he's been through alongside his Pokémon. He looked from the purplette to her Pokémon who were sat beside her. V in her lap looking at him intensely while Kookie sat directly beside her protectively his posture relaxed but at the ready. What secrets is the small curly Ravenette hiding behind his hesitant smile?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lily looked at Jack as he frowned before looking up at her from his spot in the grass. V and Kookie sat beside her with serious looks, ready to hear him out at the very least.

Lily:*clears her throat to get his attention* Jack, how did this all start?

Jack:*blinks back into focus* Well, it has to do with who I'm related too. Y-You see...My d-dad is Cyrus, the leader of team G-Galactic they were the guys that tried to break into the c-cemetery. I-I was supposed to be t-trained to one day take over. But, I-I couldn't do that. I-I can't. I ran away and was on my own for awhile. I got l-lost and was chased by both team galactic and wild Pokémon and ended up with my flygon near Hearthome and was found by James, the blue haired guy, he offered me food and a p-position if I could help h-him. H-he wasn't always so bad, he could cook too and he taught me a-a little before all this happened...

Lily who was listening to him intently took a deep breath after he was done giving her a basic rundown of his situation, it was a lot to unpack and take in. But, upon looking at his honest, genuine face and taking in the sincerity of his aura which quivered with nervousness. She knew that he was telling her the truth, even if he was worried that she wouldn't want to be his friend or travel together anymore. Silently she moved V off her lap and took a seat next to Jack who looked at her with worried eyes as she opened her mouth to answer him.

Lily:*smiles slightly* Jack, I'm happy you told me everything. Even if you were scared I wouldn't want to be your friend.

Jack:*scratched the back of his head* Y-Yeah...

Lily: You don't have to worry, although I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything you told me. I'm still your friend Jack.

Jack:*stares shocked* L-Lily?! Really???

Lily:*nods looking away from him to stare out at the pond* Of course! I'm not just going to abandon you for that! Besides, even if I was suspicious of you and wanted to ask you about your past, it was your story to tell I didn't want to pry.

The sound of sniffling could be heard to the side of her causing lily to whip her head back around to see Jack with tears in his eyes, biting his lip to stop a hiccup or too. Lily frowned with concern, while her Pokémon called out to him equally as concerned.

Lily:*reaches up and brushes tears away* a-Ah wait please don't cry jack! It's okay! I'm not mad at you and I still want to journey with you at least until we get to Veilstone city! And even after you can still be my friend and stay at my house!

Lily smiled as she wiped away his tears with her thumbs, giving him a reassuring look as V and Kookie grinned and nodded along with their trainer in agreement. Jack flushed in embarrassment at being comforted but didn't pull away from her caring touch. He was ecstatic to find that she believed in him, and was truly happy she still wanted to be his friend even after having lied to her. The purplette just took her time to process his words before immediately going to comfort him, how kind and caring could a single person be?

Lily hopped up off her tree stump as her Pokémon were quick to follow and holding a hand out to the raven haired boy before her she grinned. He looked up at her confused by her actions, tilting his head to show his confusion.

Lily:*Smile* hehe What ya waiting for? Let's go!

V: Eevee! {Let's go!}

Kookie:*grins* rii Ra rii! {Yeah Come on!}

Her Pokémon jumping up to stand with her as the Ravenette boy slowly smiled with a warmth growing in his heart. He took her hand hesitantly and allowed for the purple haired girl to pull him to his feet, she smiled brightly as she grasped his hand in reassurance.

Lily:*pulls on his hand* Come on we're almost there to Veilstone!

Jack:*smiles hesitantly* Y-Yeah!

The four took off at a run along the trail picking up their pace as they laughed for seemingly no reason at all. Jack felt lighter, having gotten the guilt and sadness off his chest. He was glad that lily had been so understanding, and was laughing with a sort of energized relief. Lily pulling his arm to jog down the trail instead of just simply walking. V jumped up onto Lily's shoulder as Kookie trotted along beside her causing her to stumble a little with a giggle as V rubbed his head under her chin with affection, Jack grinned as they walked along happy and without any grief of feeling like a liar. Now all was left was to walk over the bridge that was coming up in the distance and to walk a few more minutes until they had entered the city. There it would only be a matter of running over to Lily's house where her eldest brother Reggie was blissfully unaware of his unsupervised baby sister. I wonder what his reaction will be?

To be Continued...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Elekid: ShockWave, Swift, Lowkick, Protect, and Brickbreak

***Egg Move*** Ice Punch and Fire Punch

• Staravia: Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Arial Ace, Steel Wing

***Egg Move*** Double Edge

•Kookie: Quick Attack, Force Palm, Vacuum Wave, Poison Jab, Dig

***Egg Move*** Blaze Kick and Detect

•Teddiursa: Scratch, Lick, Hidden Power, Hyper Voice, Yawn

***Egg Move*** Close Combat and Metal Claw

•V: Quick Attack, Swift, ShadowBall, Bite, Attract

***Egg Move*** Flail and Natural Gift

•Chimchar: Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Flame wheel, Dig, Scratch

***Egg Move*** Thunder Punch and Blaze Kick

• Turtwig: Tackle, Razor Leaf, Bite, Grass Knot, Energy Ball

***Egg Move*** Seed Bomb and Double-Edge