Hearthome Tag Battle Pt. 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last time

Paul just wanted to show off a little for his sister, of course powering up Chimchar was a bonus. But he still wanted to impress her. Ash frowned quietly at his partner, he seriously couldn't understand how lily was related to this guy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lily sighed as she waited impatiently at a table in the Pokémon center, Paul was supposed to be back from his 'secret training' by now. They were going to have dinner together like usual, but Paul seemed to be a little late for the evening meal. Looking outside she sees a ginormous flamethrower explode out of the woods near where her big bro had wandered off to. With a sigh of frustration, she and Elekid decided it was time she went and found her brother he had been out there since the end of the first day of the competition. He needed to give his Pokémon a break, or they would pass out from exhaustion or worse. Reggie always said that the health of your Pokémon was more important than the strength of your team. It was one of the reasons that Reggie was so hesitant to let Lily go off and journey with Paul, considering that he was very 'rough' on his Pokémon. He wasn't always like that though, and Reggie seemed to always blame himself for that. They both tried their hardest to shelter lily from their arguments on the safety of the Pokémon, training regimens, and what was morally right and wrong, because they could get really heated with one another. Lily knew though, she knew that they fought about the matter more than once or twice when they slipped up.

V:*looks up worriedly* eee, veee vee? [lily, are you okay?]

Lily:*looks down with a smile* mhm! I'm okay just thinking about some stuff

Lily:*looks at the fire billowing* we should hurry to see what their doing, I have a bad feeling about it

V:*frowns* vee Eevee vee [Your right]

Elekid:*frowns* Bibi [yeah]

When the three arrived they saw Ash get attacked by a rogue flamethrower attack by chimchar. Her brother didn't seem the least bit phased by the action that he instigated.

Lily:*looks worried* Ash!

Paul looked up a little startled he didn't expect her to be out and about. This caused him to start worrying that she would catch him training with chimchar again like last time.

Paul: Lily? What are you doing out so late?

Lily:*pouts angrily* you said you would be back by now.

Lily then turns to Ash and chimchar, the little fire starter was worried for the boy that he had attacked. Chimchar didn't want to hurt anyone, and then he accidentally did. She worried that chimchar would grow more scared and anxious if this went on any longer. Possible psychological damage would be devastating for the little Pokémon.

Lily:*smiles at chimchar* Hey chimchar! That was super strong just now right Ash? But aren't you tired? You should rest up and regain your energy

Paul:*frowns* Lily... Chimchar still isn't strong enough

Lily:*frowns back* but if you don't you could seriously hurt chimchar and then he will never get 'stronger' let him rest big bro. He needs it.