Early Morning Preparations

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last time
The purple haired eight year old waved as she went back into the house leaving the older girl to stare after her in awe, for a kid, that was pretty inspiring. What awaits tomorrow's battle? And what will Reggie say when he finds out about his sister being back home in Veilstone?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lily woke to the sound of little Starly chirping in the morning as they flew in tiny flocks. Teddiursa was cuddled up to her side as she slowly sat up while rubbing at her eyes with soft closed fists, before stretching her arms above her head to shake out the tension in her shoulders from sleeping in one position to long. Carefully Lily untangled herself from Teddiursa's side so that she could get up and go to the bathroom, she tip toed over to the bathroom and shut the door as quietly as she could behind her before she quickly did her business before hoping up to the sink so she could also brushing her teeth and wash her face, making sure to wipe away any traces of sleep from her face.

Lily:*quietly mumbles* There we go, todays the day! My first gym battle... this should be fun!

She quietly cheered to herself before she heard the worried chatter of her little bear Pokémon, lily opened the door of the bathroom to see the little normal type trying to look around the room for her. He was currently trying to fit his head under the bed to try and find her, she giggled lightly as he almost got his head stuck.

Lily:*tilts head cutely* Teddiursa? What are you looking for?

The little bear hopped up once he heard her voice as the normal type Pokémon dived on the girl and gave her a hug in relief as he cuddled into his trainers side.

Teddiursa: Tedi! Tedi ursa! {Lily! I was looking for you everywhere!}

Lily: I'm sorry I worried you Teddiursa I was just washing up in the bathroom, I'm sorry

Teddiursa shook his head before he let her go so that she could finish getting ready for the day, he remembered that it was his trainers first gym challenge today and was excited. Lily pulled on her clothes that she usually wore which was a cute red t-shirt and dark grey shorts with a pair of red and black runners. She hummed to herself in thought before looking over at Teddiursa.

Lily: Hey Teddiursa, I don't think that I should have you battle today. I know that you are excited but we aren't ready to go against fighting-type Pokémon yet, I'm sorry I know you were excited

She wrung her hands with a frown coming to her lips, truly guilty about not being able to let her Pokémon and friend have the chance to battle like she was going to do. But Teddiursa merely shook his head and told her not to worry and that he figured he wouldn't get to battle just yet. He seemed content to watch and with the promise that next time he could be chosen to battle.

Lily: *smiles brightly* of course! Thanks for understanding me Teddiursa!

Teddiursa nodded before she returned him back to his pokéball so that he could rest again. Teddiursa were known to sleep a lot and he seemed to still be drowsy. She let the rest of her Pokémon out to have a similar conversation with some of them.

Lily: good morning everyone! I just wanted to pick who was going to help me in the gym battle today. I know that I can only pick three of you, so I'm sorry that I can't have some of you battle with me. But I know that I will battle with each of you soon.

All of her Pokémon were very understanding and supportive of the three that she would pick, they knew that she was the kindest and wholesome trainer that they would ever know. She would always keep her word and try to help them so they didn't mind being a little patient, if it was for her they would do anything.