Six Months

Barry's POV.

At dinner that night Barry learned quite a lot. Ella was two months pregnant. She worked at the CCPN as one of their best reporters. The anniversary of when they first got together was about to come up.

Apparently they drifted during college and for some reason his mom ended up calling Ella three years ago, getting them to start talking again. She had been living in Metropolis and was a reporter at the Planet. Barry was still in the dark about some details, but he was slowly learning more and more.

After dinner the two talked a little more on the couch.

"So how's the Rival investigation going?" She asked.

"Rival?"

"Yeah, you know the evil speedster the Flash has been trying to catch for the past week."

Barry blinked and sat back. "The Flash?"

Was he the Flash here too? Barry wondered.

She nodded eyeing him carefully. "Yeah. The Flash."

Leaning forward she tilted her head at him. "Barry are you feeling okay?"

He nodded, trying to stay cool. "Yeah. No I'm fine. I just had along day at work."

Ella nodded. "Mendez giving you a hard time? That's unusual. You're like his favorite person." She smiled.

Barry his his confusion with a smile. "Yeah. Weird."

"I'm just surprised it wasn't Detective West." She commented.

"Detective West? You mean Joe?" He asked.

Ella gave him a look. "When do you call Detective West, Joe?"

"I-I don't. I mean. . . I used to when I dated Iris." He lied.

Ella nodded. "Oh."

"Yeah."

Barry looked around the room and saw a picture on the mantel. He stood up and walked over to look at it. It was a picture of he and Ella at their wedding. He smiled down at the frame. They both looked so happy. He only wished he could remember it.

Barry felt someone come up behind him. He turned his head to see Ella peaking over his shoulder.

He smiled at her then looked at the picture. "We look so happy."

"We were and still are."

He set the frame back on the mantle and turned around to wrap his arms around her. "Yes we are."

After pecking his lips she leaned back. "I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. I think I'm gonna go to bed."

She pulled away and started walking up the stairs. Barry watched nervously. Turning back to look at him she spoke.

"You coming?"

Barry met her eyes. "Oh yeah. Sure."

She grinned and walked up.

"Okay. Okay. Calm down. You're married to her." He whispered.

Turning off all the lights and locking the doors, he went up stairs to their room and opened the door. She was in the bathroom. He sighed with relief. This was completely new to him. He had always wanted to be married to her, but for some reason he was nervous. They had never slept in the same bed before at least not in his timeline.

Just then she came out in a t-shirt and shorts.

"You gonna change?" She asked, sitting on the bed.