Every Hour Every Minute

Ella's POV.

The last couple days had been uneventful. Savitar still hadn't shown again and no Flashpoint meta's has turned up. The slight break gave Ella time to focus on work. Meanwhile the team still worked hard to figure out a solution for their problem.

Barry and Ella had been doing somewhat better. After he had walked her home to nights before, he had given her a small, but promising kiss at her door. No words were said. None needed to be.

The next day she saw him at the lab briefly before she went to work, but she hadn't been there long before he had raced off because of an errand he needed to run.

The day before Ella has made plans with Iris, but she canceled. Something having to do with her job. When she tried to make plans with Barry instead, he hadn't been able to as well because of his own job. She thought it strange, but ignored it. She was able to see him that evening when they went over for dinner at the West's. It was nice just acting like a couple again. Though she still felt that he wasn't the same.

Today was different though. That morning Iris had called her and wanted to hang out. Luckily it was her day off so she didn't have any plans.

She and her best friend went to have their nails done and also went out shopping. Ella got a new dress, which iris had urged her to buy.

She wore the pink/lavender dress with a long tan sweater and tan open toed wedges

She wore the pink/lavender dress with a long tan sweater and tan open toed wedges. That evening she and Iris got all fixed up to go out. Ella curled her hair and put a flower clip in it. The two women headed out to a Mexican bar and grill. It was absolutely delicious.

Ella noticed Iris checking her phone over and over again.

"What's going on?" She finally asked.

Her best friend looked up as if caught, but tried to fain innocents. "Hmm?"

"Don't okay dumb with me, girl. You've been checking that phone ever since we got here! Now what's up?"

"Oh! Nothing. Nothing at all. Just uh. . .work. My boss."

Ella relented with her severe questioning.
"Oh, nothing's wrong I hope."

"Oh no! Yeah. No everything's great. He's just giving me some feed back on my last article."

Ella nodded.

Iris put up her phone and cleared her throat. "So um how are you and Barry doing?"

"Better, I guess. We haven't been able to see much of each other the last few days, though. And every time I've tried to spend time with him, he always seems to have something else going on." She sighed.

"After the whole incident the other night, I was sure he had stopped distancing himself from me, but maybe I was wrong." Iris but her lip.

"Well, maybe he's actually busy."