I Need To Know. . .

Ella's POV.

It had been a week since Martha had arrived. Ella had tried to keep her distance from the team so that Martha wouldn't suspect anything. Occasionally she would make an excuse to leave and go to STAR LABS, but that was very rare. At night, though, Barry would run over and meet her on the patio to update her on events. It was like old times.

One evening Barry had come over for dinner. The three sat around at the table enjoying the meal.

"Do you think Clark will ever want to work the farm?" Ella asked.

"I don't know. He's very busy. With the paper and. . .everything. Maybe one day he will, when things slow down a bit and his life isn't so complicated."

"Complicated?" Barry asked.

"Uh yes. With he and Lois's wedding getting closer and their jobs at the Planet, the timing just doesn't seem to be right at the moment." "I can understand that." He said.

"When is their wedding by the way?" Ella asked.

"August. They're sending out the invitations next month I believe."

"Ella stared ahead blankly. "August." She muttered.

She would most likely never be able to see it.

"How nice. I'm sure it will be lovely." She forced a smile.

She caught Barry looking at her sadly, knowing what she was thinking and wishing she wouldn't do so.

Martha didn't notice their reactions and kept talking. "They want to have it at the farm. Hopefully all this danger will be over by then."

"I'm sure whatever is going on will blow over soon, Mrs. Kent." Barry assured the woman.

"So what about you two?" The couple glanced at one another.

"What about us?" Ella asked taking a sip of water.

"Well, have you both ever thought of. . .settling down?" At that, Ella choked, which caused her to start coughing.

Barry rubbed her back gently. "Umm I-I don't think we've had the chance to have that discussion yet, Mrs. Kent."

"I know. I know. That's what all young couples say, but the longer you wait the more time you waist. And time is a precious thing."

Barry's face became solemn. "Trust me Mrs. Kent, I know that better than anyone."

"Then what are you waiting around for? I know you've only been dating for four months, but you've both loved each other your entire lives! What are you waiting for?"

They glanced at one another, both not knowing what to say.

Just then Barry and Ella's phone's went off. He stood, looking at his as she glanced at hers. A kidnapping.

"Uh, I uh am so sorry. I have to go. There's an emergency at work. Thanks for dinner, Mrs Kent." Barry leaned down and gave Ella a quick peck. "I'll see you later."

He grabbed his jacket and left.

Martha crossed her arms over her chest. "That boy sure does leave a room fast."

Ella smiled nervously and shrugged.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
While washing dishes Ella heard Martha in the living room watching tv.

"Hey, hon! The Flash just saved a little girl from a kidnapping. Poor thing, she looks so scared."

Ella peeked out into the living room while drying a plate. The scene played out on the television. Police arrested the male kidnapper, while the Flash calmed a crying young girl who looked to be a preteen. Her parents ran to her in tears as she was enveloped in a hug. They thanked the Flash, who then ran off.