Alchemy

Ella's POV.

The day after Valentines Day was crazy.
Iris has found out that Julian had lied about never finding the philosopher stone. Apparently Julian had gone on an expedition with four other scientists to find the stone, but the four were killed. Julian was the only survivor. Barry was now sure that Julian was connected somehow with Dr. Alchemy. Joe tried to call Julian, but he didn't answer.

They found that energy was coming from the Schultz Building. Barry and Jay went to the location and found Alchemy there. He was using the building to try and give back powers to all the Flashpoint meta's, but before they could act Savitar showed up.

Jay ran off taking care of the Speed god while Barry worked to stop Dr. Alchemy. Barry was able to stop Alchemy and get the stone. He put it in a box and took off Alchemy's mask. It was Julian. He brought an unconscious Julian back to STAR Labs and put him in the pipeline. He tried to confront Julian, but he denied everything.

Ella went straight to STAR Labs after work and found everyone working. Barry, Caitlin and Cisco were in the lab trying to figure out what the stone was. It was difficult since it read as literally nothing in the tests. They also didn't understand how Julian seemed so definite that he had absolutely no idea about being Alchemy. Barry had now told her everything and she was fully caught up.

Barry was extremely frustrated and confused. He left the lab, not knowing what to think or do. Ella followed him out.

"Barry. . .maybe he's telling the truth." She suggested.

He looked at her in disbelief. "What?"

"I know he's been a jerk to you and just all around, but it's like Caitlin said. Most of the time when someone's evil they try to win your trust. Julian hasn't tried to do that. Not even once."

"Oh come on!" He exclaimed putting his hands on his head.

"Barry think about it! He acts like he has no idea, he's never tried to act like he's on your side, and he's never even taken an interest in you."

His mouth dropped open. He gestured down the hall with his hand. "I caught him with the mask on! He was trying to bring all the Flashpoint meta's back! He was caught red-handed!"

"I know, Barry but it doesn't add up!"

He sighed putting his hands on his hips and looking up.

She put his hand on his arm. "Just think about, okay?"

He nodded. Just then Joe walked up to them. He sighed heavily.

"What's up?" Barry asked.

"It's Wally. I don't get it Bare. It's like his brain goes to sleep and somebody else is at the wheel."

Right then it hit her. She looked at Barry with raised eyebrows. At first he gave her a confused look, but soon he realized the same thing. He looked away as he put two and two together and looked back at Ella.

"What? What is it?" Joe asked.

Before Ella could answer Barry raced off. Joe looked at Ella for an explanation.

"C'mon!" She ran down the hall with Joe following her.

When they both hot close to the pipeline, they heard Barry talking to Julian.

"How am I supposed to trust a man in a mask?" Julian asked.

"Yeah, you're right." They got there and saw Barry in his suit. He had just taken off his mask.

"I should have guessed it! The unexplained absences. Your sympathy for meta's. Your general thumbing your nose at authority." Julian went on. "I'm sure you had a good laugh behind my back."
He spotted Ella and Joe. "Oh and look at that. Detective West! Good to see you. I see you have a whole secret team behind you." He said sarcastically.