Last Chance

Barry's POV.

That night Barry laid in his bed at his small apartment thinking about what Iris's words to him.

"How can you know that you haven't even tried yet? You can't give up, Barry. You love her and she loves you, or at least loved you. I'm sure she still does. You're meant for each other, Bare. I can feel it."

He exhaled, rolling over on his side and staring out the window. The full moon shone brightly threw his window. That same moon would be shining on Ella this same night. In that one moment he realized just how much his heart ached for her. He had never felt this empty in his entire life. Ever since he had been given a glimpse of the kind of life they could have together, he couldn't stop thinking about it.

He glanced at his clock and saw that it was eleven thirty at night. In Smallville it was only ten thirty. No. What was he thinking. He couldn't run all the way to Kansas tonight and randomly show up. Ella was probably in bed by now anyway. . .actually she probably wasn't. She was a night-owl.

He remembered the late nights they had just staying up and talking about anything and everything. He remembered how she would react to his lame nerdy jokes. She was the only person he could be real with. He could hear her melodious laugh in his ears right then. It was as if she was there.

Looking back at the moon he sighed heavily. That was it. Whipping away the sheets, Barry used his super speed to put on cloths. Dressed, he ran out of his apartment. A gust of wind blew his drapes and loose objects around his room.

Barry ran as fast as he could across miles and miles of land, till finally he stopped seeing a sign that read: Welcome to Smallville! Catching his breath, he set his eyes ahead of him and took off.

He came to a stop in front of the Kent farm house and caught his breath. A light was on inside the house. Immediately Barry felt all his nerve-endings tingle. What would she say? How would she react? Would she even talk to him? There was only one way to find out.

After walking up to the porch, Barry knocked on the door. He heard a voice call from inside. I'm just a few seconds the wooden door opened. Behind the screen door was Mrs. Kent. She gave him a questioning look.

"Yes?"

"Hi, Mrs Kent. You probably don't know me, but umm. . . I'm Barry Allen, a friend of Ella's."

Mrs. Kent nodded stiffly. "Oh yes. Barry Allen. Ella's mentioned you. So young man, what can I do for you at this time of night?" She asked now fully stepping out on the porch and wrapping her sweater tightly around her.

"I was wondering if I could see Ella or. . .if Ella would be okay with seeing me, I guess is what I'm trying to ask."

"Oh I'm sorry Barry, but Ella doesn't live here anymore."

Barry's jaw dropped. "W-what?" "Yes, I'm afraid she moved out a few months ago after she got a job at the newspaper."

"Well, do you know where she is? I need to see her. I-I have to talk to her." Mrs. Kent hesitated, but soon relented. 

"I do. Why don't you come one in and I'll write her address down for you." Barry thanked her and followed her into the house. She walked into the kitchen and left him in the living room. "If I remember correctly aren't you from Central City?" She called.

"Uh yes. Yes, ma'am. I am." He answered back, looking in the direction of the kitchen.

"My goodness! You must be tired after your trip." She exclaimed as she walked back in with a notepad and a pen.

"Oh I'm not-"

"If you need a place to stay, there's a nice motel in town that my friend Liam and his family own."