Remember

Ella's POV.

Ella, Joe, Iris and Barry headed to STAR Labs after the speedster re-discovered his powers. That's when things got even more complicated. Killer Frost was there. She wanted to make a deal. Help Barry regain his memory so Savitar would regain his as well.

The team wouldn't have even considered it, if Wally hadn't lost his powers. Sadly, he had. Because Savitar didn't remember anything he never gave Wally his powers. This meant there were no Flashes  to watch over and protect the city.

Reluctantly the team accepted her proposition. While Cisco, Julian and Killer Frost worked to restore Barry's memory Iris and Ella went down with Barry to the Speed Lab. They watched as he raced around the track.

Eventually he ran down the ramp and came to a stop in front of them. He smiled breathing heavily.

Ella tossed him a towel and he caught it with ease. "How does it feel?" She asked.

"It's. . .incredible! I still can't believe I have these powers! They're amazing! I mean. . .I think I could be a superhero."

Both Iris and Ella looked at each other and laughed.

"What?"

Ella shook her head and crossed her arms. "Nothing."

"Alright, well is it cool if I run some more?"

"Yeah, have at it." Iris assured.

With that he threw the towel and raced back up the ramp.

"Man, I haven't seen him this happy in a long time." Ella said.

"Try forever."

She looked at Iris questioningly.

"This is the first time he hasn't been weighed down by the tragedies of his past."

Ella looked down hearing her friends words.

"The entire time I've known him I prayed that one day he could be happy and full of light again. Now he is."

She nodded. "I know what you mean. I haven't seen him this happy since we were kids."

"It was really after you left that everything in his life crumbled. I don't think he's ever been the same since."

Sighing, Ella got up and walked away from the desk. "Iris, I know what you're thinking and I can't say that pry of me doesn't wish he could always be this way, but this version of him. . .he's not our Barry."

"Yes he is. He's just the version he would have been if everything I. His life would have gone right. You're inlove with him. Don't you want him to be happy?" She asked, walking over to Ella.

"I do. More than anything, but no ones life is perfect. I know terrible things have happened to him, but good things have happened too. A person's experiences are what make them who they are. Without life experience Barry isn't the same person we know and love." Ella explained.

Iris frowned and looked up at where Barry was training. Yellow lightning streaked around and around.

"I just wish he could be free." She muttered.

"Trust me. I had the same idea as you, until I realized what I just told you. It kills me that he can't just be carefree for the rest of his life, but. . .thats not how life is supposed to work. He isn't our Barry without his past. Without his experiences."

Later on they took Barry up to the main lab where they showed him his suit.so I really am a superhero?"

"Yeah. An amazing one." Ella told him.