Defining The Problem

Barry's POV.

Barry went to the CCPD and found Joe. As they walked up to his lab Joe started questioning him. Asking why he was behaving so weirdly. He also explained why Iris was so mad. He hadn't told her that her mother was alive and unlike the last timeline, she hadn't forgiven him.

As they walked into the lab, Joe started talking about the new case. "We found another husk this morning."

Barry raised an eyebrow. "Husk?"

Joe didn't even answer. Instead he walked on into the lab. "Sing wants the processed ASAP."

Barry looked to where Joe walked and saw another desk in his lab and at the desk was a man with dirty blond hair. On the desk there was a sign that read: JULIAN ALBERT META-HUMAN CSI SPECIALIST.

"Yes, the skin husks we've been finding around the city. The ones we think are attached to the meta-humans. This is now the forth one." The guy had a very British accent.

Barry looked around the room in confusion. Finally he saw the sign on his own desk which was across from the other desk.
It read: BARRY ALLEN CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATOR.

Joe pointed at Julian. "Well let's figure out what's happening before there's a fifth."

The guy picked up the sample Joe handed him and gave a nod. "Yes, sir." He looked about Barry's age. Maybe a couple years older.

Before walking out Joe came to a stop next to Barry."Deep breaths."

"Wha-" Barry furrowed his eyebrows as Joe walked out.

Turning back to whoever the heck this new guy was, Barry searched for something to say. ". . .uh. . .hello?"

"Yes, hello Mr Allen. I can still see you're there and no I don't want your help, thank you." The man replied politely, but without even glancing up from his computer.

"What are you doing here, Julian Albert Mets-human CSI specialist. . ." Barry asked reading off the sign.

"Uh, I did tell you the meta-human conference was for only two days."

"Okay. . . ,but-"

"This is still our lab. . .unfortunately." He interrupted Barry in disgust. There was a hint of annoying sarcasm in his next words. "Yes. County forgot to mention that significant detail before assigning me, but here we are. Looks like you and I get to be roomies for a little longer than we hoped."

Ah, so apparently they both couldn't stand each other. Great. Barry thought.

"Roomies." He whispered as Julian glared at him icily.

The Brit was now standing up, having tossed his pencil down on his desk in disgust. Julian's glare faltered for a moment as he glanced behind Barry.

Just then he felt a hand on his back. He turned to see non other than his ex-girlfriend Patty Spivot. She was smiling brightly.

"Hey, Bare." She leaned up and kissed his cheek, surprising him.

Barry stiffened and forced a smile.

"H-h-hey, Patty."
He was confused as to what she was doing there and at how she was behaving.

Noticing Barry's uncomfortableness she looked at him oddly and gave a curious giggle.

"Officer Spivot." Julian addressed her.

Patty glanced at Julian and smiled. "Mr. Albert."

She looked between both men and rolled her eyes. "Come on guys! Are you two arguing again?"