gamble (6)

DISCLAIMER: this chapter contains mild sexual harassment. Proceed with caution.
Song: house of cards by BTS
I recommend you listen to have a vibe of the chapter
________________________

"Did you bring your payment miss?"

The colorful lights of the casino tinted the scenery, making it seem like a friendlier situation than it really was. The sound of coins dropping and lively chatter buzzed around me, making me feel somewhat unsettled. The contaminated air of nicotine irritated my vision as I brought out the duffel bag that was hanging over my shoulder. I slightly zipped it down, giving the man a peek of the innumerable stacks of money that were hidden within the bag. His eyes widened slightly and he cleared his throat. It was clearly more than he expected. Truly I just wanted to get this over with.

I stared up at the man expectantly, waiting for him to snap out of his greed filled daze for the bag. Murmurs of complains hummed behind me. I was holding up the line. Why did people want to play this stupid game again? If you had no money it was practically suicide. Quite simple really. The line spread out from where I was stationed to practically the other side of the casino. It was quite an event. The establishment was adorned in several neon colors, focusing on the more black, red and white themes. It seemed to aim for the more 'retro' casino you would see in 90's movies , yet the neon twist gave it a more youthful vibe. I took out the entrance fee money, making sure there was an extra quantity for the man. I cleared my throat to recall his attention.

"Oh. I'll take that now" He murmured, snatching the stacks from my hands. Pathetic. He handed me what seemed like a badge. A carmine colored coin with the number one engraved in a golden tone, black embellishments adorning the border. Behind it a small "V.I.P" was carved. A bit of extra cash goes a long way. As soon as he allowed me to pass I rushed right into the event. Am I late? My gaze landed on the secluded table where the crowd resided. My task was to deliver the said money to this person and they would give me an item. Did I know what it was? Of course not. All I knew is that it laid under a black box with a silver engraving. I thought it was stupid that I wasn't allowed to know because then it would just be easier for our side to be scammed but I didn't care much. As long as I was paid my sum I was fine. I was just the delivery bird after all.

I was met with yet another line the moment I was going to sign up for the next round. A muscular woman stood in line with a clipboard, chocolate eyes flicking up and down my body. "Badge?" She asked. I brought out the carmine chip from my pocket and turned it to show the woman the loud and proud "V.I.P" engraved in it. She gave me an approving nod and pointed at a much shorter line besides the one I was currently in. I quickly switched over and was hit with the scent of expensive perfume and brand new clothing. The people around me were in the V.I.P line for a clear reason. They were filthy rich. I groaned slightly, imagining the type of lifestyle I would have if I had that kind of money. I definitely wouldn't be wasting it in some sleazy casino.

I looked around to locate the description that had been given to me. I couldn't find a person with matching features to the ones I had been informed of. I sighed, ready to move games to try in another area until a voice woke me up from my trail of thought. "Are you a spectator or are you going to partake in the gamble miss?" A man spoke up to me. I tried getting a look at the table where the players laid yet I couldn't see anything. The crowd was far too large. I didn't have much choice if I wanted to make sure they weren't here.

"I'll gamble"

I was led to a small table where three men sat. Many people huddled around them cheering and yelling incomprehensible nonsense. Another man clutched over the table held onto chips as if his life depended on it. Insults were hurled at him as he gripped on the small table. "No! I don't have that kind of money! Let me in another goddamn round I'll get it back!" He cried out. The other three men stared down at him blankly, no emotion to express whatsoever. My eyes landed in a particular man that was fiddling with one of his rings. He sat in the middle of the other two. Crimson eyes stared lifelessly at the begging man. Locks of ginger fell on his forehead, giving him a more relaxed look. His suit was a spotless white, a brand name I couldn't recognize adorned the collar. I paired the description I was given to the man I was staring at right now. That was my target.