insomniac (10)

"Oh my god! It's Embers and Elixir!" a young voice cried out from the crowd. I looked around to find a young boy rushing towards us, a pen and paper in hand. Touya glanced at me with a soft smile, kneeling down as the kid approached, a wide smile plastered on his face that stretched from end to end. "Alright kiddo, take a breath" he chuckled, ruffling his already messy hair.

The child did as instructed, taking an exagerare deep breath and staring up at us with star-stricken eyes, I could almost see the sparks flying off him. "Embers! You did so amazing the other day when you whooshed and bam! And woah! A huge wave of fire came from your hands and threw the villain to the other side of the city! And then Elixir came outta nowhere and sssst! He was knocked out cold and flailing all over he place with her magic smoke!" From the corner of my eye I could see Touya trying to hold in a laugh.

"That sure is a mouthful" he smiled, his aqua hues glistening with a joy I knew all too well. It was the joy of inspiring people like that boy. My heart leapt with that joy as well. The boy then nervously shoved his notebook forwards, a pen held on his small hand. "C..can you two sign this please? You're my favorite hero team!" His lips pressed together in a hopeful manner, eyes widened and almost puppy-dog like. "Of course" I smiled and kneeled down to his height like Touya. The child look like he was about to faint the moment I grabbed the small notebook.

"E..li..xir. Don't give into the poisons of life. Go beyond!" I giggled, scribbling out my catchphrase down on the first blank page. The ink bled sleekly on the paper, my signature taking up about half of the page. "There you go" I smiled, passing the notebook to Touya. He squinted as his hand scribbled down his own signature, nose scrunched up, making his piercing more visible in the intense sunlight. "There..here you go kiddo" he grinned, extending his hand to retrieve the notebook to its excited owner.

"It's perfect" he murmured, lifting the notebook higher. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He grinned and waved, running off into a small crowd of children, waving the notebook in the air excitedly. Touya wrapped an arm around my hip with a chuckle. Dark carmín locks laid messily on his forehead, hiding the smug spark behind his aqua hues. "All in a day's work" I jokingly smacked his upper arm, my cheeks shifting a soft pink because of his touch. "Touya let go! The tabloids will see" I hissed playfully. He raised an eyebrow and continued walking, paying no mind to the wandering eyes that laid on us. "So? The media is already speculating we're dating. We might as well give em' 'the big reveal'" he lifted his arm from my hip to form air quotes, a smug smirk plastered on his lips. Many different gossip websites had already been bringing up rumors and guesses that 'the worlds favorite hero duo' had gotten together behind the scenes. They weren't wrong though.

"You are the definition of a fucking dork To–"

"Ah, ah ah~" he cooed, bringing a finger to my lips. "It's Embers in the streets for you babygirl. Or should I say Elixir?" He beamed, a shit eating grin tempting me to smack him right then and there. I was about ready to knock the living lights out of him, yet I couldn't contain the laughs tumbling from my lips. His aqua hues stared at me for a few moments , a soft smile adorning his lips before leaning down to my ear. His warm breaths brushed against my neck, goosebumps raising on my (s/t) skin.

"Have I said you're beautiful?"

Our hands linked together, his fingers lacing perfectly with mine.

"Every single day honey"

...

My eyes snapped open to find a pair of ocean eyes staring down at me. I groaned at a sudden ache that spread throughout my figure, mainly focusing on my back. My body froze at the sight of him. I still could not process properly what that dream was. Why were we heroes? Why was he my- Why did I have a dumbass catchphrase? What did the dream itself mean? And most importantly Why was my chest feeling warm and fuzzy? Whatever the feeling was I wanted to push it away. I didn't want that odd warmth or those electrifying tingles. I rather be stabbed and burnt by Hanako again. I thought, cringing back on my last nightmare. I didn't notice how tense I was until he spoke up.