medicate (18)

Well this will be fun. I still had no idea how Shigaraki expected me to infiltrate U.A to check on Hanako. But surprisingly, he had an actually well thought out plan for this.

"Are you sure I won't be recognized?" Nathan stood in front of me, pinching the bridge of his nose as he heaved an exasperated sigh. "Yes, (y/n). For the tenth time, yes. I know what I am doing." He clicked his tongue and lifted my chin, peering down at me with a concentrated expression. "I need you to trust me, I'm not going to hurt you. So relax" he hummed.

It wasn't that easy to remain still when the guy that had kissed me before was just inches away. His presence alone was enough to have me on edge, yet the way he wove his words somehow got me to settle down. I folded my hands over my lap, staring down at them to keep myself preoccupied from his burning gaze. "So what exactly are you going to do?"

Nathan took a step back, observing me like a lion would observe its prey. Not today, bitch. "Well, I'm going to use my quirk to disguise you. It's simple really, but I don't want to do it without your understanding" he smiled timidly, the tone of his voice softening during the explanation.

"Understood" I replied. The chilling cold of the room we were in wasn't much help either, or the way the lights seemed to poorly flicker above us as he explained. What next? A jump scare comes out of the dark?

"Are they seriously trusting her with this crap?" The sharp tone of what I could imagine was a bitter twelve year old made me nearly jump out of my skin as I spun around to meet with Hisoka, going by Mustard at the time, who was glaring daggers at me. What the fuck is this kid's deal?

I simply returned the spite fueled gaze to him, I wasn't going to waste my energy on some kid that had been sketchy of me since day one. "Hisoka, give her a chance. You're not proving anything by being rude to the newcomers." Nathan spoke as he combed a hand through his –for once– messy locks.

"Alright , (y/n).. I'm going to combine a few traits here and there so you'll feel a bit weird at first. But it goes away and you should be concealed for enough time to come and go." He added, coming closer to me. He brought his hand to his forehead, moving away a few strands to reveal a lilac stone on his forehead. Now that I could see it clearly, I admired the detail. It was a stone, but it resembled more of a gem. The way his fingertips brushed the loose strands of hair away could make me guess it was either frail or sensitive.

..Or maybe he didn't like it - Was an afterthought, since I could lightly notice a tinge of a blush spread across his cheeks as he caught me staring. "Hm? It looks interesting, that's all" I deadpanned. Nathan shook his head as he muttered a 'whatever' , and from the corner of my eye I could observe Hisoka watching Nathan's movements carefully. Did he admire him?

"Anyways, this will only take a second" Nathan cleated his throat. I watched how the lilac stone illuminated a soft hue of violet, slightly darker than the gem itself.

[...]

"Well this is.. different." I muttered when Nathan lifted a worn out mirror in front of me. Despite the mirror itself being scratched and broken in some corners, I could still see my, or whoever I was now, reflection. My (h/c) hair had been replaced by lively coral locks, straight until the ends , where they awkwardly curled into themselves. It reached all the way until my ass. Poorly convenient. My complexion turned tanner, a natural blush warming my usual (pale/tan) cheeks. My previous (e/c) colored eyes now gleamed a bright scarlet under the poor lighting. It was certainly out of my element.

I turned to the breathless laughter of Hisoka, who was bent over holding in his cackles. "Oh gosh- you sure don't look too thrilled with that new image." He teased , a smirk crawling onto his lips. I looked ridiculously bright. "Oh shut it before I lock you in the freezer" I snapped.