reflect (17)

"Soooooo!" I was already dreading the walk the precise moment I met eyes with the smug smirk on Toga's expression. I stuffed my hands in my pockets, mentally preparing myself for whatever dumb shit that was going to spew out of her mouth. Whatever you do, don't ask about Touya. I swear I will yeet you into the next dimension.

"Can I call you Dab Dab's girlfriend now?"

God fucking damnit.

I gave her a side glance, hiding my great desire to smash her into a wall. I didn't understand why I was so irritated with her comments, or why they made my skin tingle. "No. We're not dating." I deadpanned. Toga didn't seem very impressed with my reply, obviously by the way her smirk only widened. The obvious mischief gleamed in her state, telling me I wasn't going to be let off so easily.

"Really? Then what was that I saw just now? Plus you're like- really cute! How can he not like you?" She commented , almost bouncing. Actually, looking at her again- she was practically skipping as she walked. I didn't properly process her words until I realized she just complimented me. Wait- what? I shook my head, dismissing her comment. How much could I say to get her off my ass?

"What does Shigaraki want again?" I spat, giving her the most bored expression I could muster. Although, I was somewhat concerned on what the chapstick - needing man wanted.

"I don't k- hey, don't change the subject (y/n)!" She whined. I noticed the bubbly girl slowed her pace. What's that about?

"I'm not changing the subject, Toga." Suddenly, the plain walls looked much more interesting than the conversation. Her wide smirk shrunk into what I could best describe as a baby pout. She now stopped dead in her tracks and stomped her foot on the ground as she cried out in the most obnoxious baby voice I had ever heard.

"(y/n)! I've told you so many times to call me Himiko." She groaned as she threw her mini tantrum. Since when was she this immature? I knew she was doing this just to annoy me. As childish as she was, this was another level.

"I know you're just trying to annoy me into talking...Himiko." Maybe that will shut her up, if I say what she wants. As expected, she immediately stopped her tantrum and threw her arms around me, a wide grin replacing her pout.

"Seeee? That wasn't so hard now, was it?" She cooed in an encouraging tone. At least she dropped the topic. I nodded, agreeing to whatever bullshit she was spewing.

"Now, tell me the truth. What's going on between you and Dab Dab?!" She insisted, her topaz hues gleaming with curiosity. I spoke too fucking soon. I continued walking, but she stayed behind, refusing to move. "Himik–"

"You know (y/n).." What now?

Toga glanced back at me, her usual unstable stare melded into something more tender, serious even. "It's not good to suppress your feelings like that. I mean– I'm not expert in love or anything like that! But we've been living together you for the past two weeks or more, no? And I keep noticing this weird back and forth between you two.. It's like you're awkwardly waiting for each other or something. But nothing will happen unless one of you take the leap!" She ended off her speech with a gleeful clap, coming closer to me.

I instinctively took a step back. I didn't really know how to reply to such an accusation. All of the alarms in my head were going off and I still couldn't pinpoint why. "I don't know what you're thinking but.." I trailed off.

"What I'm implying is that you should talk to him before things escalate too much. Because well, when you're a villain you never know what could happen next. One day you two could be together and the next one Shigaraki pulverized one of our asses" She added and shrugged . The thought of suddenly loosing Dabi in such a way made my chest tighten and my stomach twist in silent fear. It was kind of freaky how she could speak with such accuracy.