polaroid (8)

// Welcome to chapter 8 guys! I hope you've all enjoyed the story so far. There's a pretty long AN at the end that I hope you all stick around to read!//

"Touya! Touya that hurts!" I wheezed out. Cerulean flames licked and ate at my wrist, his grip never loosening. I struggled to tear him off. My wrist screamed in pain as I struggled to tear off his unrelenting grip. The tips of my fingers began to tingle and become numb, the rest of my arm wheezing and puffing out steam from exhaustion of the marred flesh slowly peeling away from my muscles. I kicked and screamed for him to stop. "No one's going to help you (y/n). Don't you remember you're nothing but a worthless bitch? Oops! I meant witch" her words echoed in my head like a broken record.

The putrid scent of burnt flesh made an acrid fluid pool at the back of my throat, threatening to spill at the sickening stench. My body twitched in agony, every inch incinerating in pain. He didn't hear me. He couldn't hear me. Hanako giggled and cracked her knuckles, approaching me with a wicked smile. Her metal riddled knuckles warped into needles and spikes that could tear through my flesh any moment now. Why were they so fucking sharp? The moment I begged for my quirk to activate was the time it didn't seem to work no matter how much I tried.
I was definitely in fucking agony. So I had no idea why.

This is how I die huh? Nausea swayed my body back and forth. His eyes were no longer that aqua I admired. They stared down at me in a lifeless shade of grey. I was prepared to die. I had lost count how many times I had imagined the gruesome scenario in my head. What had me screaming and whimpering like an abandoned dog was him. His gaze, his gestures. Everything. "Touya please listen to me! Let me go!" He stared down at me indifferently, waiting for his next order, like a dog to an owner.

Hanako hesitated once she raised her fist. "Not yet.." she cooed teasingly, admiring my beaten form. She wanted to see me suffer. "What the fuck did I ever do to you, you bitch?" I spat. The corners of my vision were turning grey and the floor swayed under me. Colored lights blinded most of my vision. I could only make out Hanako's blurry silhouette and the purple patched extension that was incinerating my arm. I could barely hold a grip to reality anymore. Where am I? Is he still holding me? Hanako kneeled down in front of me and placed her hand on Touya's shoulder. "You can let go of her already. You did great honey" She purred devilishly as a smirk formed on her rosy lips. His fingers instantly curled away from my wrist. I screamed in pain at the sudden loss of contact and stumbled back, my legs giving in under the cold gravel.

"Im not done with you yet" Hanako snapped. She grabbed me by the collar and lifted my limp body up, staring deep into my (e/c) eyes. "He doesn't care about you. Just like I've always said you're nothing but a mistake. He pitied you. Can't you see?" She hissed. I could basically see the snake shaped tongue hanging from her lips. That wasn't true. It can't be. She was controlling him. Touya wouldn't do this. He cares about me. He's my best friend, my partner in crime. She can't get to him. She can't. He's strong. "Liar. Liar, liar , liar! You've always been a fucking liar!" I croaked, venom laced into every syllable I spat.

My screams seemed more like whimpers. A wounded sheep about to get taken to the slaughterhouse. "You're controlling him... it isn't him. That's not.. that's not Touya" Her expression remained blank. She then burst into a hysterical fit of laughter. It almost seemed inhuman. Her warped smile made my insides churn. "But am I?" I peeled away my gaze from her. Touya held his head groaning. His aqua eyes stared at me dazed. "(y/n)?.. why are we with her? Hadn't we agreed to leave her back in the alley?" He scoffed, turning to face the snow haired girl.

Hanako grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her. "Do you see now?" My mouth went dry at this. This isn't real. No, this isn't happening. This isn't happening. Touya is better than this. Hanako is manipulating him, that's all. I repeated in my head. Each thought seemed louder than the next. The pain was very much real. The burning sensation in my chest was very much real. The warm tears and sobs streaming down my face were real.