white (19)

♠︎ please stick until the end for an important announcement! ♠︎

"I'm nurse Takaoka. What can I help you with?"

The question hung heavy in the air for me to answer. I felt frozen in place, maroon colored shoes plastered flat on the ground. No, you just aren't prepared, dumbass. My mind searched for a decent answer to her simple, yet daunting question. There was many things I could answer, and such an abyss of wrong answers.

Her light sky eyes narrowed over me in response to my silence, she seemed ready to add something to her previous statement, until she was interrupted by the blond high schooler that had shamelessly flirted with me a few moments ago.

"Missssssss.. my hewd huuuuuuuuuuurts" his words slurred into each other, and they were almost incomprehensible. His tone resembled that of a man drunk off his ass. Bright golden pupils lazily scanned over the two of us, a dumbfounded smile spreading on his lips. Is he high or something? I wanted to go back to headquarters and forget Hanako was a relevant part of my life at the moment. Why me out of all people, hand freak?

A frustrated sigh left the woman's lips as she turned away from me, waving her hand to invite me inside. Her loosened snow locks swayed from left to right as she made her way to the bed, her focus now on the brain dead boy in front of her.

"Alright , Kaminari. What now?" She smiled. Her tone carried a familiarity, as if the event was nothing out of the ordinary. How many times has she dealt with this type of situation. Her sky gaze was focused on the golden eyed boy. Her small hands aimlessly rummaged through a white drawer next to a plain desk, until she found the object of her search.

"Here it is!" She exclaimed exclaimed, pulling out a dull grey file from the cabinet. The files.. I recalled the ones we had seen back at headquarters, yet something about this one looked off. "Oh, don't be afraid to make yourself home" she added , sky hues flickering towards me before focusing her attention back on the blond patient.

Thanks to her words came unwanted attention from said boy , who's gaze was now locked on me. He didn't seem to mind how Hanako was examining him, his body turned towards me. He looked overly focused, and it annoyed the living fuck out of me. His lips began to move, words forming into an incoherent mumble.

"Cwa I hav yous numbahh?" I truly only had one thing to say to myself. What the fuck? Are teenage boys really that desperate nowadays. Hanako didn't seem to be having any of his shenanigans, so she grabbed his chin to force him to look at her.

She was holding a dainty medical flashlight, the yellow tinted light being directed right on his golden hues. "No flirting while you're shocked, sweetie" she placed an emphasis on the 'sweetie' which seemed to do the trick. The blond immediately silenced himself and allowed the fake nurse to attend him.

Her peace didn't last too long though. The moment she turned around to jot down god knows what, the boy grabbed the nearest pen and scribbled something down on the straw paper on the bed. He waved me over, inviting me to come closer. Oh fuck no.

I ignored my internal pleas and set foot in front of where he was, being gifted with a dopey smile and piece of paper with numbers very badly written on it. Both of his thumbs swayed back and forth, another mindless mumble coming from him. "Chawll meee"