genesis (11)

"The League Of Villains huh?" I murmured, staring blankly at the barely functioning tv, the faint chatter of the news reporters falling flat to my ears. My head cluttered with static, the energetic buzz of my thoughts too loud to fully process the cluttered information. The wound in my chest was still fresh, yet I pushed it aside because I didn't want to question further why my chest ached or because it was by far not the correct time to dive into my own intricate web of feelings. If I entered that room, I would never be able to come out unharmed.

"Have I said you're beautiful?"

I wasn't ready to untangle the knots.

The faint voices of the television caught my attention for a split second. Bleak images of the destroyed USJ appeared on screen, several officials and other heroes backing away from the meddling reporters. The report faded and was replaced by a newsman speaking about a recently rising crime spike in America.

"Wait a second. Isn't the League the one who directed the fucking USJ attack?" My gaze remained glued on the screen, disbelief drawn over my expression. The catastrophe that attacked those damn UA students a few days ago. It was quite amusing thinking back on the commotion it had caused in the media. People proclaimed they were putting the children under too much danger. Serves them right for applying to be heroes.

"Yeah. I'd say the USJ attack wasn't such a success, but it wasn't a complete fail either. They made a point"

So these were the type of people we were getting involved with.

"So they're keeping an eye on us?" I murmured. Dabi lazily nodded, folding his arms over his chest. He kept his distance from me, an invisible static dancing and crackling in the heavy air. "I left because I had received some sort of weird memo a while back. I just wasn't sure if these guys were serious or not. At first they seemed like a fucking joke" he spat, his lips curling down into a frown. "Do you dislike this League?" I sighed and nudged closer, right now I had to put the moment aside. Whatever this League was mattered more right now.

"Not really.. they have potential with their goals and they're offering shelter for us. To me it seems like a win. Their interest in you just rubs me the wrong way" I tilted my head sideways. Was he seriously worried about me? "Touya" I smiled weakly and faced him. "You know I'm a bad bitch. Nothing can kill me" We stared at each other in silence for a few empty moments.

"Did you just fucking reference a goddamn vine?"

The tension of the moment was completely obliterated by my comment. We burst into a small fit of laughter. I didn't stop until I couldn't properly breathe anymore. His deep chuckles cracked a blush onto my (s/t) cheeks. "You know it" I finally replied. Sometimes my stupidity was something to be grateful for. It drifted me away from the reality. "But seriously now.. You know I'm not weak Touya. If you're worried about me then you have nothing to get your dick in a twist about" I chuckled.

He scoffed. "Don't make me bring up the casino" I frowned, the pair of glowing hues were still recorded in my memory. His lips against mine, the suffocating feeling of exasperation he irradiated and way he pushed me out of danger when he assaulted me minutes before. A cold chill ran down my spine. I won't let that happen ever again. "It was only once. I wasn't on my top game that day" His ocean orbs narrowed down at me unconvinced.

"I know you're not weak" he muttered under his breath. His tone didn't quite convince me on the matter. "So let me get this shit straight" I incorporated myself and began pacing back and forth in the small space we called a living room. "This League summoned you to meet with one of its members who had a conversation with you. They expressed that they want us to join but their leader is especially curious about my quirk and they want you to bring me by next week and also have an answer on wether we are joining or not although it's pretty fucking obvious we don't have much of a choice because these weirdos are keeping tabs on us?"