escape (7)

"Why didn't you use the new technique on him?" His intense gaze landed on me, crossing his arms as he leaned back into the alley wall. Raven locks fell on top of his aqua stare. He was even beautiful when he was upset. I shifted  in my place. What would I tell him? Oh damn sorry I was just too stunned to do jack shit although I've been working as a villain for about eight and a half years? "I don't know Touya... I just froze" I mumbled, still embarrassed he had to come to save my ass. Images of his intense honey gaze flooded my mind, sending shivers through my body. There were many things about that encounter I didn't understand. Why was he holding a knife to my throat? His hands were shaking. Did he hesitate? And why the hell did he push me away when Touya was about to burn us to a crisp? Why did he save me? I held on to the duffel bag, beginning to walk away from the dark alley. Dabi opened his mouth. "It's D-.. never mind" he quickly dropped his correction.

"They're most likely coming for us for keeping the money." I thought out loud, picking up my pace to the known location we always went to. The dark tones of the night made us blend in with the atmosphere. Nothing could be heard besides our dry footsteps and the city night sounds. They helped to soothe and relief whatever tension I was feeling. Dabi walked next to me in silence. I could tell he was still upset because of the soft crackling noise that was accompanied by warmth next to me. Small curses left his lips, barely inaudible.

"Probably. But I can't bother with that right now" his tone simmered with passive aggressiveness. He pressed his lips together and continued. "At this rate we're going to have to move. If we get chased for keeping the money it won't be a nice showdown. We either make a run or try to find that fucking ginger and I don't think we have the time for that (y/n)"

An annoyed groan came from me. I hated moving. We were always constantly on the run and once things got too heated we moved onto the next district. Finding somewhere new to crash in was always a chore. I despised it with every inch of my being. I kicked a rock away from my way and sighed, evaluating his words. He was right. We either had to make a run for it or pursue the ginger gambler. I still couldn't forget his sly nod, allowing me to use the money as I pleased to gamble away for his amusement. Why was he even there in the first place?

"Where to next then?.." I asked. My tone dropped a bit, disappointed from the failed mission and the news he brought.

He remained silent for a few moments, almost as if he was evaluating something. No, he was most likely debating on something. The look in his eyes was unmistakable for me. I frowned and stepped closer. He was warmer than usual, a sign that he was still upset from the earlier evens. Why did he care so much about it?

"Hey, What's wrong?" I murmured softly.

Dabi glanced at me, aqua eyes flickering at me for a split moment. A storm of commotion drowned his expression. The moment he noticed I was analyzing he turned away from me. You know I can tell when something's wrong Tou.. .Concern riddled my system as we walked. My thoughts turned and chimed in the way, curiosity was slowly eating at me. I knew the evening had taken a wrong turn but it wasn't uncommon to have a few flunked missions. It was all part of the job.

We headed towards a more secluded side of town, crossing to a darker part of the city and across some abandoned tunnels. I followed Dabi into a territory of abandoned houses. We usually invaded the area and scared off whatever homeless laid there, leaving all of the place for ourselves. Nowadays that's how things worked, state dominance to obtain power. The world was truly a sickening place, but oh well.

The house in which we were staying at this time wasn't anything overly classy. Just a mid class budgeted home. Dabi kicked open the door and walked in, waiting for me to enter before closing it. I made my way through all the old furniture and sat down on the nicest looking couch. I then opened the duffel bag. The soft moonlight of the falling night lit up part of the home, Dabi's flame also assisting my vision to be able to count the money.