threat (12)

"Hanako"

The single mention of her name hung silent in the air for what seemed an eternity. Her sky eyes stared down at me emptily for a few moments. It seemed she was as much in a shock as I was.

"It's Ako for you" she snapped in a mutter. The blond male placed a hand on her shoulder, his honey gaze melt off whatever stiffness her posture held.

The sky haired man rasped out a dry chuckle. He leaned back in the counter and crossed his arms. "Do you two brats know each other?" He sounded uninterested, but his gestures irradiated hidden intentions. I opened my mouth to form an answer but no words came. They felt caught in my vocal strings as I gulped them down. The fact I was standing in front of one of my long buried demons was a harsh pill to swallow. I was an ill patient that could only be healed with said medication.

"It's none of your business" Dabi rasped. He leaned back against the wall expressing no uneasiness whatsoever. I well knew it was fake, his aqua hues altered between the snow haired female and I in subtle anxiety. He knew how much I hated her. He knew how much of my past her mere presence dug out. My inner demons crawled and strived on the ground she walked on, and right now that ground was here.

"You-" Shigaraki growled before Kurogiri took over the situation, his soft voice cutting into his words. "Whatever past Miss (l/n) and Miss Takaoka have between each other will be settled later. For now I will request you two to show your new comrades around our facilities and where they will be earning their stay. I trust you are mature enough to withhold whatever issues you have with Miss (l/n)" he turned to the skeptical pair. Hanako bit down on her lip roughly, obviously holding back an argument from the well spoken bartender.

The caramel skinned blond quickly piped in, a kind smile ever so present on his lips. "Of course. We'll take care of it! Don't worry Kurogiri" he turned to us with the same smile. "Follow us" Dabi nonchalantly walked behind a skipping Toga, who was more than eager to 'meet new friends'. I couldn't bring my feet to move forwards as they were already walking away and I stayed glued to the wooden floor.

Her sky eyes remained glued on me, narrowing when I didn't move an inch. "It will be quite alright Miss (l/n). They will not hurt you" I cringed at his words. I wasn't worried about them hurting me, not one bit. I was afraid of what would happen if I got closer. The sickening feeling clawing up my throat at the past memories that held an iron grip on me and refused to let go. "C'mon (y/n)-chan! I'll take care of you!" The crazed female giggled as she rushed to me. She took a hold of my wrist and began dragging me away with the rest of the group. I didn't protest, yet my menacing stare was enough to tell anyone not to push my buttons. The only one who seemed oblivious at this fact was the bubbly female.

[...]

"And this is your room Toga" he quietly mentioned before opening the door. Toga ran into the room before twirling childishly. Her amber hues admired every inch of the dull room. "I love it!" She cheered, flopping down on the small bed. There was nothing really special about it: grey walls, minimalistic furniture and dust surrounded her. I couldn't see what she was so excited about. "I'll make sure to take good care of it! I'll make it nice and pretty for (y/n)-chan and I to have girl nights" she grinned, her smile eerily disturbing in my eyes. The girl practically slammed the door on our faces, hyperactive giggles being heard from the other side.

I glanced at the male beside me. Dabi was glaring daggers into him, it didn't really help my uneasiness though. Every sense of mine was alert and on edge when he was around. His kind smile and words differed severely from the confident persona I had seen in the casino.  Was it some act? I couldn't begin to understand him. "Well then" he murmured. "Anyways, next room is Dabi's. I'll lead you there" he added and ushered us to follow him along with the silent snow haired female.