lockheart (14)

Oh you little–
What a way to wake up.

One after another, many fluffy cushions were vigorously thrown at my face. I shot up to meet my gaze with Toga, who was smiling like a madwoman. Her topaz hues glimmered in delight at my reaction, I didn't fall behind on her mischief. I caught one of the pillows and flung it back at her. The pillow hit her right in the face, followed by childish giggles from her.

"That's the spirit! Now that you're up, Kurogiri asked me to bring you to come have breakfast with us." She cheered and clapped. Her energetic and over the top gestures reminded me of a five year old's , but something about her never ending hyper activeness eased my nerves from last night. Before I could even compose myself properly she was already dragging me out of my so called room and into the dreary halls.

"Good morning Miss (l/n). Did Toga wake you up properly? I apologize if not." Kurogiri greeted me as I walked into a spacious room, it was similar to the bar, yet this area resembled more of a diner, minus the vibrant colors and welcoming ambience. Kurogiri stood behind a counter.

His.. hands? were occupied by handling a coffee machine, the dark energy providing liquid boiled inside of the machine, soft wisps of smoke steaming from the lid. Toga joyfully trailed behind me. The bite sized psychopath wrapped her arms around my waist with a smile. "Nothing to worry about! I brought her back in one piece. Isn't her morning hair cute?" She chimed, one of her hands brushed some of my messy (h/c) locks behind my ear. The gesture was rather gentle, almost sisterly. Not that I was familiar with what 'sisterly' was.

I was about to reply to Kurogiri when two figures stepped into the room. Hanako's Snow white hair was unusually let loose, the soft curls draped down her shoulders and framed her face, giving her a more youthful and innocent look. If only. Nathan walked beside her, his golden locks were perfectly tamed and he was already dressed properly to face the day, whereas Hanako was still wearing sweat pants and a shirt two sizes too big for her. The contrast was amusing, it was odd to think we were all part of the same group.

"Good morning Miss.Takaoka , Mr.Lockheart" Kurogiri greeted them. Hanako walked past me, an annoyed scowl drawn on her lips.

"Good morning, Freak"

"Mornin' Bitch"

We acknowledged each other, after exchanging insults Hanako sat down on a crimson bar stool, her demeanor shifting completely as a soft smile tugged on her lips towards Kurogiri. "I hope you had proper rest 'Giri. I'll  ask for the usual" she yawned. Kurogiri nodded but was swiftly interrupted by Nathan as he was going to get to work. "Don't worry about it Kurogiri. I'll take care of it, after all– Not to flatter myself, but my hot chocolate is her favorite after all" the blond proudly stated, a soft giggle tumbled from Hanako's lips. "You're quite something Nath" she mumbled.

Nathan only chuckled in response and got to work with Kurogiri. As the mist like man dealt with the stove in the further back, Nathan took over the brewers and began heating up milk. A small smile propped up on his lips towards the snow haired girl, and I could have sworn her cheeks dusted a light rose shade. After releasing me from her overly affectionate grip, Toga skipped towards the stools and sat down besides Hanako and began to ask her several nonsensical questions.

I decided to follow her lead and sit down as well. I glanced at the empty stool next to Hanako as memories from last night made their way into my nerves. You're not afraid of her anymore (y/n). You're stronger than that. I sighed propped myself on the seat next to her. Kurogiri turned towards us for a moment and his golden hues widened slightly. "Miss.(l/n) , you look utterly exhausted. Please allow us to make you some coffee" he urged, gesturing towards Nathan. The blond gave him a short nod and turned towards the coffee machine.