theories ( 20 )

"Ah, I'm probably boring you with this praise of mine. On a different subject, how is (l/n) doing?"

(l/n)?!...

To say that I was confused was an understatement. The mention of my surname awoke my senses , and almost brought me to my feet in a moment of shock. Stay calm. Just listen to what she's gonna say. It's going to be okay. Panic slowly crept up my chest, a suffocating pressure that made breathing a tiring chore. Do they know it's me ? Calm down. In a worse case scenario, I could make a quick escapade using paramnesia . I was going to be fine.

The elderly woman was completely calm. There was no signal of discomfort nor defense in her placid expression . Instead, a serene smile made its way to her lips. Her shrunken gaze seemed apologetic, almost of pity. What the hell is she going on about ?

Hanako visibly stiffened at the mention of my surname. Did this bitch rat me out ? . . Of course. A storm of thoughts bombarded my mind. How is she such a good nurse ? The old hag was praising her a few minutes ago . What if she's double crossing us ? The endless arrange of answers made my head spin, but in the end I could only focus on the ones that pointed the blame on Hanako. Yes, I was extremely biased , but fuck me gently with a chainsaw if it didn't make sense.

My mind narrowed down to all the possibilities pointing at her. All my pent up anger only fueled my suspicions , sending me into an overthinking frenzy. She's double crossing us . The thought was tempting, and very possible. The way she treated Kaminari was too perfect . It was too good to be true. She seemed like a natural. But what if she's just good at acting ? I pushed the thought aside, telling myself I was thinking too much.

"(l/n) has been getting hurt herself hurt a lot lately. When was the last time she stopped by?"

Hanako cleared her throat , shuffling towards a desk as she sorted out a few miscellaneous objects scattered throughout. Her hands subtly trembled as she mindlessly organized , though in her mind it was probably better than hesitating in front of her boss. "It was yesterday, if I'm not mistaken. She fell down the stairs in an attempt to carry too many boxes at once." Hanako rolled her eyes before turning towards the old hag.

Fell down the stairs ?... Recovery Girl sighed , puckering her lips into a pout. "That poor girl , always trying to help everyone. She has a talent to get injured .. " Hanako nodded, looking rather uninterested in the topic at hand. She took a glance at me before looking at the wall clock nearby. "It's getting late miss, and I have to take care of this doll" She spoke , walking towards the elderly nurse.

The white haired villain placed a hand on Recovery Girl's shoulder , a tender smile placed on her lips. "I can take care of it. Plus, I heard that class 1-a will need medical assistance. They're training as we speak" Her words seemed to do the trick, as the woman's brow furrowed. She pinched the bridge of her nose, sighing. "Those kids always seem to get themselves in some sort of twist. Specially that freckled boy. I'll go over and check it out." She waved Hanako farewell, waddling out the door as she supported herself with a short cane.

As the door shut closed, Hanako heaved out a long sigh, before looking up at me. Her placid smile faded away in the blink of an eye as she locked the door behind her with a thud. Well shit . It all happened too slow, yet it felt like an instant. It was almost movie worthy. Hanako approached the bed I was in. I was suddenly hyperaware of how cold the room was. A shivering sensation crawled up my spine as I balled my fists on the crinkled paper of the bed. Am I able to use my quirk while like this? Shit .