spar (16)

♦︎ After god knows how many chapters of literally no presence , y'all are finally getting a Dabi focused chapter. Important note with teaser for a future book in the end of this chapter btw ♦︎
________________________________

Those words chilled me to the bone. I knew that fact too well. I was hyper aware of  what it was to melt the mind, inside out. To watch how the power hungry demons and fears of the psych crawled, and were able to easily corrupt and feed of the panic, of the thought that one preferred death over facing that one. Single.  Fear.

And to observe their figure crumble and shut down once they awoke and realized their reality, that none of what they suffered was real, yet how easily they could be submerged back into that hellfire with the snap of a finger, or a simple emotional trigger. My trigger.

Of course, I was more than prepared to do as requested. Those entitled UA children were no fucking different from heroes. Selfish. Spoiled. Self-Righteous. Greedy.

"Consider ir done"

[...]

The following two weeks were what one would expect from a villainous league out to assault an entity. Preparations upon preparations, and of course– ruthless training and planning. We had gone through any and every scenario possible. What could go wrong, how to handle it, and where to go. Shigaraki wasn't very happy, judging from the last attack where the League miserably failed and were crushed by the one and only, Symbol Of Peace.

Everyone had a task assigned to work on as contribution to the assault. Nathan was spending most of his days locked up in his room strategizing. I hadn't seen Hanako much either, hence she's working as a nurse in U.A, and according to the reports she hasn't had time to come and give her weekly reports. Ever since the USJ attack, the security had tightened in the academy. Little did they know.

Toga had basically turned into an errand girl, doing whatever she could to help anyone since "she got bored" too quickly of any task she was given, and Shigaraki was much too sick of her energy to try and keep her in place. The others were either out on their on business or doing things I wasn't aware of.

Today wasn't much different from all those other days, or so I thought.

____

"Damn.." I panted, exhausted. After grabbing a quick breakfast (courtesy of Kurogiri) I had made it my task to dedicate myself to training that day. If the mission was as hard as we were being led on, then I would need all the strength I could muster. I knew my main task had nothing to do with physical effort, but I was still going to participate in the attack. So it was better to be prepared.

I rested my hands on my knees, out of breath from the exercise. I had been beating the discolored sack for some time now, but I knew it was nothing compared to a living, breathing , person. I stared at the lifeless object, frustrated. I wasn't the worst at hand to hand combat, but was I good enough for this? I felt at the bottom of my game, groaning once I reached to grab a water bottle.

I unscrewed the cap off, tipping the bottle forward as I took a gulp from the refreshing drink. I nearly choked drinking the water, getting startled at the whine of an opening door.

"Does someone need help?" His lips turned into a condescending smirk as he rose an eyebrow, staring at my breathless form.