trauma (15)

I consider myself to be a prepared woman, yet no preparation in the world was enough for me to face the absurdity of that room. Each step I took felt like a second less to my lifeline, an increased weight on my already heavy chest, yet I managed to steady myself enough to open the door to that room with a straight face.

As it slowly peeled open, I quickly met eyes with the topaz eyed blond. Toga waved happily, almost too happily, and pat the seat beside her in a joyous manner. A man that was sitting next to her was having a clear debate with himself, something about apples being better than strawberries. Next
to him sat a scaled man, more like a lizard of some sorts. He was staring off into space, half asleep despite the commotion around him. And next to him was another man, wearing a black and white mask, along with a mustard colored trench coat.

"Are we going to get this started or what? She finally got here." I turned to notice a younger boy, surely no older than fourteen, frown at the sight of me.

"We're still missing Kurogiri!" The monologuing male argued, only for the younger boy to deflate with a 'whatever' exhaling from his lips. I shifted in my stance, shuffling to sit down next to Dabi, who was staring blankly at the table, an empty yet thoughtful look to his aqua stare.

"So are these the newbies?" The reptilian-like man suddenly asked , gesturing towards Dabi, Toga and I. Nathan nodded, with an eager smile addressed on his lips. The lines of the radio repeated like a broken record in my mind.

You'll find out in the meeting.

What do you want me to know Kurogiri? I stared back at the new faces, only to see Hanako from the corner of my eye pull out a clipboard and shuffle through several papers. Although she was dressed like she just got attacked by a pack of wild birds, her stance was much more professional than when we were eating.

Many thoughts ran through my head. Doubts upon doubts on what we were doing, what was going to happen, what did they want me for. Specifically, the way Shigaraki eyed me like a sheep being led to a slaughterhouse, it all unsettled and had me constantly on edge.

My running thoughts came to a halt when, from under the table, I felt a warm palm press gently on my knee. It was a small and simple gesture. But more than enough to sizzle out the overwhelming nerves in me. I stared down at his blemished palm irradiating a comforting warmth as my cheeks heated up as well.

There I was, in a meeting full of villains, no idea what the hell I got myself into because of blind trust. And a single touch was able to make all the static fade out into a silent state of tranquility and underlying bliss, something I didn't think was possible after the whirlwind that was the last day.

I glanced at him. The same empty ocean stare was washed upon his stoic expression, yet his palm slowly traced gentle circles on my knee. Every inch of me incinerated at the electric touch, the agonizing sensation coming from his fingertips, spreading from my thigh to extend the warmth up until my heart, where it leapt and beat much faster than the usual. What the hell is this? Why, why, why, why , why?!

I refused to acknowledge the reddening tips of my ears, and the twisted and foreign tingle between my thighs. Well, it wasn't completely foreign, just different with him. What was meant to be a comfort, only flustered me much worse than I wished. Nope, no. Fuck no. Was I the only one finding it more intimate than it was? I glanced around, now paranoid anyone caught up on my flustered state.

Only me. Everyone was murmuring in between themselves, awaiting the remaining member. I glanced back at Dabi, who finally met gaze with me. For a split second, I observed a spark of mischief in his eyes. That motherfucking-