02: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚘𝚌𝚔.

I knew you were trouble when you walked in

-Taylor Swift (Taylor's version)

****

One thing was certain. Reese had to take down the King without being at the top. And it wasnt going to be easy in the slightest.

All through her entire life in high school Reese had managed to be at the top of the food chain as well as the rest of the popular kids.

She never questioned what it was like being at the bottom. But thats where she had to start now.

She got invited to all the parties and had a wide circle of friends but they were the only people Reese associated herself with. As a result of that many thought of her as shallow.

She was noticed but not as well as those she surrounded herself with that way she could blend in.

She not only got invited to all the parties but she had also managed to get great grades.

The perfect kid.

As Colin liked to call it. Hell he used to tease her about it.

She basically had the perfect life except for the fact that it wasn't all that perfect. It never was she just lived in this illusion of a perfect world and led them on to believe this illusion.

And when she realised this she changed. Everything changed. The world around her hadn't changed but she did.

It was like walking up from the every first. Like she had been asleep all her life.

As time went on Reese started distancing herself from the group and the cold hard reality hit her very hard when she learnt who was really there for her.

When she was left in the dark crying out for help yet people barely looked in her direction.

It didnt really matter to her.

He mattered to her.

Reese had never bothered about the rest of the court but the fact that Colin had treated her as mere stranger had really took a troll on her.

He was her rock.

Until he wasn't anymore.

She had known Colin since forever. He had been apart of her life since forever. It always Reese and Colin for as long as she could remember.

She couldn't stand just being somebody to him. Colin was her rock and had been there for her for so long that when he changed it broke her.

It had completely destroyed her and she hasnt even begun piecing herself back together.

He had burnt every bridge. He destroyed every path they walked on. He could forget but Reese.

She remembered it all too well and wasn't sure if she could gather the courage to forget. Some part of her didnt want to forget. How could she? When she suffered the most.