𝚁𝚎𝚎𝚜𝚎

"Who are you.
Cause you're not girl
I fell in love with baby...
Im sick of waiting for love"
Bts and lauv.

Reese pov

Was it weird to look at the world through different eyes now that i knew the truth.

It was like for the first time i was actually seeing the world. I forgave Colin for the both of us.

I needed it more. Because he's my brother and he is apart of me.

I forgave him because i dont like this person i have become that was so hell bent on getting revenge.

I forgave him because hating him was driving me crazy. What Colin did was messed up on so many levels.

But i understand what he did and i know that understanding doesn't make it right but that doesnt mean he wasn't trying to protect me.

I just wish i knew sooner. It would have saved Aaron and all the trouble of planning this whole stupid plan.

Waking up this morning i was lost. Hell i felt so lost. What my parents did was even more fucked up than anything else.

I wasnt mad at Colin i was more mad at my dad for putting Colin in that position if was unhappy about my choices he could of just spoken to me.

I doubt that would of work.

But it didnt really surprise me. At all.

When we were younger my dad would pin Colin and i against each other. He had to fight for our dads approval.

He made us take defense classes. He made us fight each other. He made us study the business world. Whilst all the other children go to enjoy their childhood we were training.

Training so that my dad could decide which one of us was to take over. He would always focus on business.

As for our mother she followed every one of my dads orders. It was tradition. It was the way the Valentines got this done.

And if you stepped out of line you were disowned or shunned and life went on as if you never existed.

It brings me back here to the childhood home i grew up in. The Valentine mansion. After all this time last night i finally slept in my room.

It was exactly how i left it. But if walked around house there would be no trace of my existence. All you would see was Victoria and Charles playing dress up with their most prized possession.

Colin.

I get why my dad manipulated Colin because Colin always seeked his approval. My dad was going to choose Colin to take over even if i decided that being an artist wasn't for me.

Charles Valentine wanted someone he could control. But that wasnt who i wanted to be. I meant what i said to Isaiah. I wanted to be free.

Thinking of Isaiah made me more anxious about going to school today rather than seeing how everyone got along yesterday.