05: 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞.

***

Most keep their secrets to themselves because its hard to find those who understand.

It was a principle that Reese believed in. She was taught that from a very young age. Her father would always tell her to pick her battles.

He would always tell her to choose who to trust wisely. And as a result there weren't many people in this world that Reese truly trusted.

But she didnt exactly have a choice. It was another thing she hated. Not having any choices.

And although she shut almost everyone out of her life there was still Camille who was a ray of sun shine that brought out the good in Reese.

Camille was one of very few that could actually bring back the old Reese. The Reese that wasnt stone cold. The Reese that smiled more often and not some sort of fake smile but the genuine grin going from ear to ear.

But things had changed. Reese had changed and she wasnt that girl anymore.

A Volcano.

A Volcano was the best way to describe Reese. With all her emotions bottled up it seemed at she would erupt any moment given any situation.

Which is why Camille was there. She couldnt allow it to happen. She happened to be Reese's anchor since she lost Colin Valentine.

But a Volcano that doesn't erupt whilst its is boiling for a release couldnt have an even devastating impact.

In the months that she was away she had trained herself to suppress all those emotions and use it as her weapon. To be stronger. To be better.

The only down side to weaponising emotions is that, that very same weapon could be your destruction.

She had tried to move on. She had tried to forget him. She denied ever knowing Colin.

But the thought of him being happy, living this life whilst everyday for the last eighteen months she had suffered because of him shredded every bit strength she had to walk away from this.

To walked a away from Colin.

She didnt want him to be happy. Not if he was happy without her. Not if she was still living with his mistakes whilst he got to move on.

It just wasnt possible not for him.

Because when she was lying on the cold concrete floor gasping for air praying that he would come back- come back and tell he was sorry. That he made a mistake. He didn't.

He didnt come back. He didnt tell her he was sorry. He didnt even come to see her. And it lit a fire in her a fire that would only be put out seeing his destruction at the hands of her.

Reese let out a sigh as she got up from her seat at the empty kitchen island at the Mackana house. She walked over to the kitchen sink getting a glass of water.

She needed to think about her next move. Or at least thats what she had been telling herself all morning since she got up.