49: 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐

Warning chapter unedited.

Why would you wake me from perfect dream? Why would you wake me when I was happily asleep.
-insomnia by daya

***

"So just so we are clear you're confronting Colin today and telling Isaiah the truth all at once at the dance?" Camille asked flopping down beside Reese on her bed and staring at the ceiling.

Homecoming was upon them and the girls decided to get ready at Reese's apartment and that the boys would fetch them from her apartment so they could all go together.

"Yeah it's the right thing to do Cami and I'm done with this whole revenge thing
Its done nothing but mess with my head. And it wouldn't be nice if Isaiah found out by the means of someone else." Reese said burying her head in her pillows sighing.

It was a really tough pill for her to swallow.

But her mind was made up. The last few months spending time with Isaiah made her realise that she didn't need to get back at Colin.

Which was something she wished she realised earlier. It wouldn't have cost her so much time yet she also wouldn't have met Isaiah.

She didn't know how to feel about that. It was bittersweet feeling and left a sour taste in her mouth.

She knew how she felt about Isaiah and wondered how he felt about her but that would soon change.

"That seems like a lot to do in one night Reese. Are you sure you want to go ahead with it?" Camille asked quite concerned.

Reese knew that it was now or never because before she could think of starting something with Isaiah she knew she had to tell him the truth.

There was no point in prolonging the inevitable. She thought.

"What if this ruins what you and isaiah have?" Camille asked the question she had been fearing the question she didn't even want to think of very thoughtfully.

It would suck.

It would really suck.

Hell. It could shutter me.

Reese wanted to say or at least say it out loud and let Camille know how she felt about him little did she know she didn't have to.

But she knew Camille would worry about her and drop everything to make sure she was okay. And that was the last thing she wanted to happen.

Camille now had a boyfriend who made her incredibly happy. Reese could tell by the way her face lighted up when she spoke about Griff and how after every date she would call Reese to tell her about it.

When Griff defended her at the party Reese knew that he would take care of Camille. Camille was her best friend and very important to her so why she would want to take any happiness away from her by letting her worry about her issues.

So instead she answered with this.

"Well then I guess it's not meant to be."