22: 𝙼𝚎𝚜𝚜.

I'm a mess.
-bebe rehxa.

***

Reese wasn't sure where her life was
heading. She wasn't sure if she said the right thing to Isaiah yesterday.

What she said was true she did consider him as a friend but nothing more. She needed to keep him at arms length.

She knew that she it was a bad idea to tell him. She was convinced that their friendship would end when it was all over.

They were just pretending right?

Right?

In truth she wasn't sure if she wanted it to end. Being around Isaiah made Reese feel different.

Like she was the same Reese when she was with Colin except it was different.

But she wasn't sure if it was a good different.

The sound of Reese's phone receiving an incoming message brought her put of her zombie state.

Reese grabbed her phone from the nightstand beside her bed.

Unknown:
Reese, we really need to talk! Everything may not be as it seems. But I need you to hang in here. I know you need time but time is what we do not have.

Reese had received another message from the unknown number.

She always knew he was persistent but she knew why. She knew why he was drilling her so hard.

She knew what would happened if she failed. She couldn't let that happen. She needed to get it down.

Reese didn't respond to the unknown number but checked the message she had received from Isaiah.

Isaiah:

Hey. Is it cool if I steal you for a bit?

Isaiah:
I'm coming over soon.

Reese read Isaiah's last text at he sent her ten minutes ago.

Reese didn't have time to protest or text back. She dashed into the bathroom to freshen up and make her self look more presentable.

Reese exited the bathroom having changed into a comfortable clothes. She threw her wet hair into a messy bun.

By the time she was done freshening up she heard a knock at her door.

Reese walks over to the front door swinging it open to reveal Colin Fucking Valentine.

It was like the entire world stood still and all they do was stare at each other.  She had so many things she wanted to say it him. But she couldn't bring herself to.

The two stood there a few feet apart. He looked a mess and she was struggling to gather herself.

Colin too looked like wanted to tell her everything that she could possibly want to hear.